patch notes: grid into ansible running kria with new meta-pattern mode, driving two mangroves. arc into another ansible running cycles, modulating timbres and self-resetting. tied together with isms gates and spring reverb. no post-processing.
numerous new features and fixes!
new (cycles) pulse division setting per ring
new (kria) meta pattern mode
new (kria) cue clock and cued pattern changes
fix (kria) tune probabilities
fix (kria) lengthen hold time for pattern save
fix (mp) inter-row sync now time-aligned
until we get the docs fully updated, see below:
cycles pulse division
- while holding key 2, press key 1 to see output range, press key 1 again to see pulse divisions
- turn the corresponding ring to change division from 1 (default), 2, 4, 8 pulses per revolution
kria cue clock and patterns
- go into pattern mode (bottom right-most key)
- row 2 now shows cue clock. push a key in this row to set the number of steps for the clock.
- a cued pattern is activated on a reset of the cue clock (when it returns to zero) so this clock sets the cue time sets the global "quantize"
- while in pattern mode, hold the TIME modifier key (middle key of the modifier section on the bottom row) to change the time division for the cue clock (push a key in the second row). this way you can get very long cue clock quantization.
- to actually cue a pattern, hold PATTERN while pushing the next pattern to play. the top row will indicate that a next pattern is cued.
kria meta patterns
- have patience, this is a lot to explain without a diagram.
- activate meta-pattern mode by holding PATTERN (bottom right) and pressing any key in row 7 (the row above the bottom row) which we will call the META-STEP row.
- with META activated, you'll see the pattern bank along with the META-STEP row which shows playback progress.
- the pattern bank has 64 slots, which occupy the center four rows (64 positions). touch any position to edit this slot. edit position is indicated with max brightness. now when you change the pattern on the top row, you're assigning that pattern to the edit slot. likewise, when you press a key in the META-STEP row, this sets how many steps of the cue-clock this pattern will stay active before moving the the next pattern.
- so you edit the meta-pattern bank my moving your selection point around and changing the assigned pattern and meta-step length.
- hold the LOOP modifier (leftmost of the three modifiers on the bottom row) and use the usual two-touch gesture to assign the meta-pattern loop area. this can wrap around the end. like before, you can push the same position twice to create a single-slot loop.
- hold PATTERN (cue) and a slot position within the meta loop to set that position as the next cued playback pattern.
- to turn OFF meta-mode, simply hold PATTERN and push the META-STEP row anywhere.
while META is activated, editing your pattern data gets wild because the data view will be shifting constantly when new patterns are loaded. please consider this a feature!
please report any problems here and i hope to get a quick demo video together soon.