This not the version 2.0 you are looking for....
Firstly this isn't the v2 proposal discussed previously, I guess that will be v3 or such. Sadly, I won't be able to implement any of the things from that list. Instead...
Teletype 2.0 beta
I'd like to get a 2.0 of the Teletype firmware released, hopefully the final version in the next 6 or 8 weeks or so.
Completed features include:
- Telex ops
PN versions of every
- Sub commands
(breaking) removing the
II op, e.g.
II MP.PRESET 1 will become just
UNMUTE ops to
MUTE x /
MUTE x y
- Using the
F10 keys to trigger scripts. Also
akt+Fkey to jump to editing the relevant script
- No more leading space before
- Emacs/Unix style keyboard short cuts (ctrl-E, ctrl-A, etc), delete forward with
- Limited script recursion (max recursion depth is 8) including self recursion.
- Using a USB stick at any time (not just boot up)
- Some mechanism to not overwrite existing saved scripts on the USB stick
- A few more ops...
- Deal with the Ansible / Meadow Physics / Kria name clashes
- PDF ops cheatsheet documentation (autogenerated somehow...)
- Global cut, copy and paste between all modes, display scripts in preset load mode so that they can be copied to the clipboard.
- More when I think of it...
If anyone would care to help me test, then please find the latest firmware attached at the bottom.
Developers, I'll be working from this branch on my repo:
Be warned, I tend to treat my fork as private and so will occasionally force push to it. Once @tehn is back from Mexico I'll try and get some PRs opened.
Current build (beta 5): 22nd April 2017 (
See here for changes between beta 4 and 5
See here for changes between beta 3 and 4.
Beta 3 fixed a preset saving bug with beta 2.
See here for changes between beta 1 and 2.
Flashing it will erase all your presets.
This build has a temporary fix to enable USB loading and saving to work again. Please backup any
ttXXs.txt files on your USB stick, they will be overwritten.
You will need to power cycle your Teletype after flashing for the keyboard to work again. Wait until the normal Teletype prompt appears before rebooting (nothing bad will happen if you forget though).