10/17 (Brooklyn) Machines in Music

we’ll be in brooklyn this weekend. we have a new thing. come see it. and then an evening of performances.

http://www.machinesinmusic.com

4 Likes

A new thing! Boy you guys are productive.

Must. Have. New. Thing.

2 Likes

Is there a specific time during the day that we should try to be there, or will you guys be around for the whole time?

1 Like

i’m really looking forward to this!

also, (shameless plug) my dear wife will be performing all new material from an upcoming album that night http://kaitlynaureliasmith.com/

3 Likes

Look forward to seeing what the new thing is!

2 Likes

the new thing!! its up on control’s instagram account… (@ctrlmod)

1 Like

Monome/Mannequins collaboration?

isms looked very very nice. something i thought about after i walked away, would the reverb out/in work like an effects loop as well?

so called ‘just friends’. sometimes i wanna go modular way.

1 Like

cool! please post more deets about the module & skiff when you can

@Galapagoose whats the new whimsical joint in the middle? the placeholder graphic

and how does “file” work? i have a fxdf but no dpo or rxmx yet

this might tip the scale that was already leaning toward one of those

wait, so is the skiff the new thing?

2 Likes

The new “thing” is quite rad, if I may say. Top row serves many functions including (from memory) 3 lpgs, mixer, noise source, attenuverters, spring send/return, stereo outputs, power supply, usb switch… Probably forgetting something. Also of note, the top row is slightly bigger than 1U.
“Just Friends” sounds really ace – but I won’t even try and explain it.

3 Likes

brian’s the first one in the door!!!

thanks everyone who came out! met some new faces to associate with forum names here. i have regained the ability to speak after yesterdays’ shouting over the barrage of sound in the room. kaitlyn (and @shellfritsch on video) put on the best electronic show i’ve seen this year.

i’m getting media/video and details together to formally announce “isms” sometime on tuesday. most important details have been revealed above, mainly: it’s a modular “case” but really more an extensible instrument, in that it has an integral/integrated strip of foundation functionality in the form of a top row. 120hp. rear jacks.

i am so excited to play this thing-- for me it changes the feel of modular profoundly.

details tuesday! work to do now.

7 Likes

As discussed on Muff, i’d be curious to know the reason for choosing 120hp.