104 hp inspiration

Slashing my entire setup in half I ended up with this. Would like to fill the remaining 8 hp with somehting, not sure what though.

Friends of this:

• Keystep
  • OP-1 and Digitone
  • Cocoquantus 2
  • Reverb + Delay pedals and external looopers.

Considerations…

• En extra w/ with Slashes for (even) more looping capabilities
  • ES-8 (would take away some of the direct interaction, not to happy about including computer / iPad in the workflow although intrigued by the possibilities)
  • Small utility mixers, like 2 x 2hp mix before Morpha and w/

Input and feedback is always appreciated!

I would always go for more modulation.
Personally, I’m really happy with the Harvestman Kermit (which is 10 hp).

An 8 hp Nonlinearcircuits Triple Sloth V2 could be nice?

How about an Expert Sleepers FH-2? It should work as a MIDI to CV converter for OP-1/Digitone/Keystep and won’t require you to hook up a computer. You could also use it as a clock/envelope generator/LFO generator/euclidean pattern generator.

I decided to go with the ES-8, it will open up for new possibilities and as I don’t intend to grow from 104 I will be able to have endless racks integrated in VCV and exploration of Audulus will be fun!

Almost the same set up as the last time I posted here, but I must say moving them from my larger case to this skiff makes it feel more inviting. Relativity wins again.

looks like some cool stereo processing :slight_smile:

Damn! I didn’t know wrong had a Mid/Side converter. I always do it ITB, do you find it that more useful to process the signals before sending to the box. Does filtering the sides with say, the 3S gives it a more stable image than filtering the L/R independently? So many questions…

Indeed - on several planes… are we seeing Mac, Sisters and the Worng in a feedback soup @kbit - would love a sound clip if it resulted in anything interesting?

@_mark actually no feedback in this patch, didn’t even think of that possiblity. Definitely gonna experiment more in that realm :+1:

@Foxhood I built the Worng module after experimenting with Cold Mac as a mid/side processor and having both is really great. I do almost nothing in the box so these modules are all I have for context. The way I have it patched up now is all about pushing and pulling the stereo field in different ways.

The various outputs of Just Friends (running Just Type Synthesis) are run into Nearness to create a stereo spread. Mid is going to Sisters Low, Side is going to Sisters High, and those outputs are going through Mac’s Left and Right before returning to the Mid/Side returns. Crossfading will swap the Mid/Side signals at each extreme with the side signal getting increasingly attenuated toward noon.

I also have the mix out of JF going through Sisters Center, attenuated, through the tahn for grit, then mixed into Mac’s Offer input. Increasing the level if this signal adds more volume/distortion while decreasing the stereo spread. There’s a lot to tweak in a relatively small amount of parameters. No clips ATM but perhaps soon :slightly_smiling_face: