128 Grid Vari acting up

I was trying out the Grainfield Max4Live app, when I noticed my Grid 128 Vari is now lunching in Grid 64 mode.
I have tried with other max projects and same behavior.It does behave normally when connected to Ansible or Earthsea.
Thoughts? What am I doing wrong?

Now even when I connect the ARC to my computer it is not working properly and “crashing”.
It works just fine using it with Ansible and WHite Whale hmmmmm

a quick thought, would not explain the arc crashing, but could the orientation have gotten changed on your grid? if it were rotated 90/270 degrees might appear like just 1/2 of it was displaying

I would not know how could have happened ah.Both controllers acting up with max4live / max, but absolutely fine with modules.

agreed, does seem fishy, just thought it might be worth a try. I’m fairly certain I got real irked once when I had the rotation setting switched to run mlr w/ the 128 vertical, then went back to a horizontal app

In any case, I doubt I can offer further help, but you should elaborate on your system (win/mac, OS version, max version, ableton version, serialosc version) and any information the max window is bringing up when it crashes as this will help the people more familiar w/ these technical issues

would likely also be helpful to clarify, when you say “crash” is that the program (max or ableton) or your whole computer? and does this happen just w/ the arc or additionally w/ the grid?

1 Like

Download monome home if you haven’t. You can check rotation and what not easily.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, the Monome Home in fact showed the rotation on GRid wasnot set to 0
Having using Grid for only a few months I did not even know that was possible.
I am still wondering how it set off though on its own…or is there maybe a sequence of keys that activates it?

You may have accidentally clicked on a rotation button in a patch. When you do change your monomes rotation it will stay on that rotation setting until changed again.

2 Likes