delay vowel synth
13 angels is a duophonic delay vowel synth. It has two “angels” producing a vowel and a delay parameter which will define the time between the note press and the right angel’s vowel.
I got the idea from the song “13 Angels Standing Guard 'Round The Side Of Your Bed” by A Silver Mt. Zion. The song has this haunting “Aouuu” sound throughout the track which I really wanted to recreate on the Norns.
- k2 - change vowel
- k3 - change delayed vowel
- All encoders change the delay time between the two vowels
- Fix issue where MIDI CC will break the script completely
- Significantly reduce the garbage in the engine code, eliminating the noisy side effects (to best of my testing)
- Add support for MIDI velocity (I thought it was there but I apparently hardcoded it to 1 )
- reduce the attack to 0.5. I might consider making it dynamic in the future, but today 0.5 just sounds right, you know?
- block attempts to play the same note twice together. My MIDI controller was sending the same note on 2 channels, once with dynamic velocity and once with static, causing some odd stuff with the added velocity support.