99 percent invisible Vol 1 (was "Zine soundtrack?")

There are still a bunch of these available. Tell all your fans about it, I’d love to get them into people’s hands.

Just went and did a tweet.

Hi! I would like to let you know that i recently changed the name of the zine from 99 percent invisible to Soul Traits.

Together with this transition i decided to create a website that will host all of the ideas that i had over the past year. A blog featuring work from individual artists / collaborative work between artists / interviews etc., all the music - mixes created for the publication, a subscription - membership section and more. (soultraits.org) [If you are interested in purchasing the zine use the code LAUNCH15 to get 15% off of all orders.]

I am also very happy to announce an open call for the next issue and the ones to follow.

Artists are welcome to submit work in any of the following mediums: photography, collage, illustration, creative writing and comic.

Please send samples at submit@soultraits.org

Hi!

Just a quick message to let you all know that you can purchase the 2nd, 3rd and 4th issue of 99 Percent Invisible with 30% discount. Few pieces left!

www.soultraits.org/shop/

Hi all! Soul Traits No1 has been sent to the printer! This issue’s theme is chaos, based on the self-titled photographic project by Daren You. All contributing artists used this project as an inspiration to create their work.
Visuals are accompanied by two essays based on chaos as well as a science fiction story by @koam.

I was wondering if any of you would be interested in creating a mix based on the issue. (I would like every issue to have its own musical background - something like an ongoing series). What do you think of the idea?

By the way here is the cover of the forthcoming issue:

Introducing Soul Traits #1 - Chaos.

Visit soultraits.org to find out more and order a copy! If you like the whole project please share it with your friends… That would mean a lot to me!

Also, I am thinking of doing another music compilation for the magazine in the near future so if anyone is interested in participating please let me know!

Thank you all for the continuous support!

Ordered and looking forward to seeing this. Looks lovely.
Also, would participate in compilation depending on what you are after.

Thank you @yoyosandshoes!

I will send you more details regarding the compilation soon!

I forgot to share with you a spread from the science fiction story ‘Silver’ by @koam featured on the issue!

My copy arrived today. @Vagg_Rdu, you’ve totally outdone yourself! This is great, the larger (but not large) format works perfectly for the content, the design and print is outstanding and the curation as good as it’s always been.

Big love for this publication.

@Simeon Thank you SO much for the kind words! I really appreciate it! These kind of messages give me the strength to continue publishing!

hey. just seen this post on here randomly. although, i did order the first cassette compilation and really like the idea of music accompanying artwork. depending on the specs (and timing) i might also be available for a contribution at one point if that’s of any interest……….

Hi @mode.analogue!
You mean you’d like to contribute to the music compilation or with visuals for a future issue?

hang on, THE music compilation? You’re doing another one? :smiley:

I love this idea! And I would like to participate :slight_smile:

Congrats on the new zine!

I’m interested for sure!

Thanks for the interest @ubu @n_ev @natet @Simeon!!

Yes, I am thinking of doing another compilation soon. Please, when you find some time send me some links with your music - I would love to listen to your sounds.

I am trying to figure out the best way to do this (concept, theme etc.). I will get back to you soon. Any ideas are welcomed!

Also, please share the website (www.soultraits.org) with your friends who might be interested! That’s a great way to support the publication!

Now back to work. (doing some screen printing tests - I hope to release this t-shirt design soon!

oh, hey. yes, sorry. i meant music for the compilation first…….

@mode.analogue can you please share a link with your sounds?

I made a video previewing the issue (with original music by a friend). Check it out!

@Vagg_Rdu thanks. you can find some sounds here:

https://radiohummingbird.bandcamp.com/

and there:

i’m not sure what the plans regarding a deadline for these submissions are. but i will not be able to create any kind of music until the end of may as i’m away travelling until then. so, i’m not sure how this would fit……….