A user's guide to i2c

ansible
teletype

my old TT can handle Ansible, Just Friends and a Slashes without a backpack, you should be golden!

At what length does unreliability begin to creep in with cables? Is 15cm, for example, be too long? I’ve seen comments on here saying that 30cm would be super long. I’ve got my TT placed next to W/ and Just Friends to keep things short, but I would like to break my chain and place my W/ somewhere else in the case, which would require a new cable.

And any fellow Brits on here, please spare me the “how long is a piece of string?” response :grin:

my I2C cable stretches about 94 HP and I’ve had no issues

I once had my TT and W// on separate ends of a 126hp row without incident. YMMV

encouraging to hear both of your reports!

Hi!

I’d just like to confirm: Will Teletype+ER301+TXi need some kind of additional busboard/module?

Depends: Teletype from the latest run or older TT? With older, I usually recommend a busboard at 3+ devices for maximum stability.

It’s an older Teletype. Damn. I guess I’ll have to look into busboards… Thank you for the advice!

I don’t think you can damage your modules by daisy-chaining TT to TXi to 301. Personally, I would try it and see if there are any drop-outs before getting a busboard.

I was daisy-chaining TT to Ansible to Just Friends to 301 with no problems for many months. I later added 2 x TXo and a TXi, at which point a busboard became a necessity.