acrostic workshop march 06

acrostic

the next next weekend on march 06 I would be happy to do a live stream to walkthrough the norns script, acrostic. possible topics include: demonstrating a workflow, performance ideas, modulation ideas, code hacking ideas, as well as (especially) answering any questions you have. I’ll try to make it orthogonal to the video tutorial already available.

workshop details!

place: twitch.tv/infinitedigits_music

date: march 06

time: 11am LA / 2pm NYC / 7pm UK / 8pm Berlin / 6am Sydney

thanks for participating in the polls! we will do march 06 and twitch (I chose twitch because its easier to manage the audio quality and we were 50/50 split).

the place

we can either meet in twitch or discord (via the norns study group). twitch has the advantage of being available without joining discord. discord has the advantage of allowing more participation through voice/video chat (only if one chooses i.e., midding is supported).

please select your preference:

• discord (via norns study group)
  • twitch

0 voters

the time

I’ll opt to do the time that works nice(ish) worldwide:

11am LA / 2pm NYC / 7pm UK / 8pm Berlin / 6am Sydney

but I’m open to either day of the weekend - march 05 or 06.

please select your preference:

• saturday, march 05
  • sunday, march 06

0 voters

14 Likes

Thanks for setting this up! :green_heart:

2 Likes

I voted on both polls but really either platform or date would work for me.

3 Likes

thanks for voting! looks like we will go sunday, march 06 on my twitch. I went for twtich because I found it easier to get good audio quality from it and we had a 50/50 split.

12 Likes

Thanks! Looking forward to this

1 Like

Any need to register or anything? Or do we just log in to Twitch at given time?

2 Likes

no registration, no ticket, no problem! just feel free to show up. I will also record the session and post it to vimeo in case folks can’t make it.

7 Likes

today @ 11am LA / 2pm NYC / 7pm UK / 8pm Berlin / 6am Sydney - via twitch.tv/infinitedigits_music. bring curiosity, questions. will touch on anything of interest and possibly include: genesis, theory, internal engine, using midi/crow/grid, performing, code editing/hacks etc

9 Likes

Great session, thank you so much!

5 Likes

Very informative, thank you!

2 Likes

Thanks @infinitedigits

Missed the real time stream, but just caught the recorded one. Thanks for sharing this, it was great seeing the Grid in action, and love the idea of using Maiden to try out different chord sets.

Thanks again for the script and workshop.

2 Likes

Really interesting - thanks for recording it as well! Really looking forward to spending time with acrostic :).

2 Likes

thanks! I hope it was useful. here’s the video in case anyone missed it (I fixed the low volume in the beginning):

18 Likes

Thanks so much. Really useful walkthrough, I learned a lot

1 Like

Thank you for this :pray:t3:

1 Like