Currently here are the options I’m thinking about.
- Get a WMD Multimode VCA.
- Inverting the CV signal on this is nice.
- I enjoy ‘sidechaining’ the bass voice VCA with inverted CV from the kick.
- The distortion circuit could come in handy.
- Get a Mutable Instruments Clouds.
- I use quite a bit of reverb. Currently I’m using a TC Electronic Hall of Fame pedal. I would like to be able to have the reverb respond to the other voices though (HP roll off to keep things from getting muddy).
- I could also get a similar rhythmic ‘glitch’ effect that I use the Radio Music for. I’m hoping this would be better though because I would be grabbing live audio instead of a sample. I put my Prophet 08 through the line in of the ISMS often.
- I would be able to add stereo spread to voices that need it.
- Get rid of the Braids and get the two modules above. Instead of having to chose. Why not both?
What I like about my setup and modules I use a ton:
- My favorite module is the Radio Music. My favorite technique is send 1/8 or 1/16 notes from the White Whale to the reset and move the start around until I find a neat rhythmic sound.
- I love making drum sounds with the Korgasmatron.
- I mostly use the Mangrove as a bass oscillator. I wish I used this module more. It’s fantastic.
- The only thing I use Braids for is for a chord on the WTx4 wave. This has been a good swiss army knife voice module but I always feel like I’m underutilizing it. I don’t like how most of the voices on it sound to be honest.
I’m just interested in seeing what everyone’s opinions are. I really enjoy hearing what other people think about setups.