Aleph prgm and iPhone prgm

I just uploaded an new version of the prgm app, some new stuff in this version:

• expanded to 8 tracks and 8 sequencers, up to 128 steps, all sequencer have their own length
  • some new mixing features:
    . one mix group send per track, mix outputs to 1&2 after the master fader
    . 2 auxiliary sends per track
    . freely routable inputs with attenuation on all effect type tracks
    . 2 freely routable direct outputs, these outputs to 3&4
    . dedicated mute switches for mix send and track output

the new ui is reworked too, added an old school tracker style look to the sequencer, the mixing ui is easier to work with too, there is one page per track and one for the master track.

enjoy!

link to executables

link to github source files

i was refreshing all day once i saw the new description in the docs

THANKS!

I think it’s finally time I check this out…

i need emojis for this new UI
:100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100: :100:

if i get any decent sound demos out tonight i’ll post…

vid or audio pls?
I’d like to see what’s capable with this… (sorry, i know i’ve been asking for a while now…)

keen to see this too

got distracted by other projects

now that i’ve tried this app again (and failed) i have some questions @Test2

what is the difference between a “step” and “measure”?
how do you record into the buffer for each step/track/measure?
also, how do you initiate playback of samples from sd card?
how do assign the output routing for ch 3/4?

i hate to add to the chorus but these might be answered if you have a new video showing us some features of this app

you’ve been incredibly gracious to share your program with all of us, so thanks again!

I can try and post something soon, I’ll try to answer your questions in between;
measure is there to make it easier to move around in a pattern, clock detection makes it possible to play thru a 128 step pattern in 1/4th of a bar or similar so with a measure of 32 you can move around in 1/16th’s with sw1+enc3.

buffer recording is replaced with sample playback.

place the files here
/data/prgm/samples/
when the app starts up it loads all the files in this folder into SDRAM
scroll to a track with enc4
set track DSP mode to ‘trig’ or ‘loop’ with sw1+enc4
turn sw2 to send track output to the mixbus
flip to the track sequencer with the mode switch
program samples with enc1 (sw1+enc1 will play and select)
clock in is necessary to play the sequencer…(!)

sw1+enc2 assigns output 3, sw1+enc4 assigns output 4.

this could be in a video too, in a little while… thanks for testing it out!

added a bunch of small fixes (still 0.0.8);

• on screen sample loading progress
  • lowered default levels for track output and sample play&select
  • fixed some bugs in the spi transfer
  • “aux mix” added to input sources
  • “thru” added to track modes

some kind of sound demo/vid will follow :wink:

awesome

i’m dancing in my room right now cause i just got sound by following the steps in your earlier post!

now i’m trying to figure out the sequencer…i’m feeding it cv and nothing is happening yet

the cv input algorithm is very simple, it just looks for an increase in level/voltage, so a trig, gate, positive saw or 50% pulse, if that doesn’t work please let me know which cv source/module/or similar you are using.

i’ve tried mengqi’s voltage memory (a cv sequencer w/ gate output)
when that didnt work i tried gieskes hd-rot which is another cv source with trigger output

both have been tested with other devices and work fine
_

now that i’ve gotten sound out of this app i am very optomistic about using it…it will be tremendous fun once i get the hang of all the features.

i especially like that you included independent control of the seq and measure length for each track

I can do some more trig/gate tests when I get the time to make the demos, I’ll report back on that.

thanks for sharing this! i had a fun time tonight trying to get it to work (all my fault for sure, not a comment on your work!!). i managed to load it onto my unit, and have samples load as well. everything seemed to be working with encoders and switches, and switching back and forth between the sequencer. i could only get some looped static a couple of time, for sure my samples are probably the wrong quality and such. looking forward to a video any time someone has the chance to throw one together!

pretty sure i’ve been asking for a video for something like 6 months or something…

it takes time and energy to make good tutorial videos. The prgm software is a generous and free contribution from @Test2 - i’m sure they’ll make a video when they get time, but not really fair to pressure/guilt trip them

exactly

i’d rather that effort go into refinements so the app is easier to use even without a tutorial

@dspk true, this takes time.

working on the software still, there are lot of things to be improved, a new version is up (see link above, still 0.0.8):

• the “amp” DSP mode is enabled, it needs more shapes, and some kind of slew but you will get the idea, Note: amp tracks must be trigged/sequenced to work, the right sequencer column sets duration/pitch, the left sets trig.
  • added pattern shift +1/-1 step (sw3+enc3)

I made a test track today with the amp mode in between a sample track and a delay track to add a rhythmical effect to the delay, this is not meant as a tutorial but it shows briefly an example how different tracks can be setup.

a known bug in this version; a track is set to trig or loop, the sequencer is edited, then if the track mode is changed to delay, the delay will not work, the delay time will be zero and delay time parameter changes will not take effect…

https://vimeo.com/127163781

this is exactly what i wanted

just needed to see you go from no audio to having a sequence play
now i’ll rewatch, replicate, and ask any questions that arise while i’m trying it

very nice demo @Test2

thanks @Test2

amazing work