Aleph scenes

not sure where to put these at the moment, is there a new repository?

these are still a little idiosyncratic but might be useful to some. One is weird, one is simple, best to have a play :slight_smile:
for both of them you may want to adjust the del->dac parameters to suit your set-up.
At the moment they sample from ADC0, del0 goes out of ADC2 and del1 goes out of ADC3 (to allow for external mixing) in crusher I think they also both get get mirrored on ADC 0+1

MIXrhodrix - ( a randomised duet for input and aleph )
ENC0 - system metro speed
ENC1 - time complexity
ENC2 - del0 cutoff
ENC3 - pitch complexity
SW1- toggle normal and half speed for del0 (if pitch complexity is off)
SW2- toggle normal and double speed for del1 (if pitch complexity is off)
SW3- del0 pitch complexity on/off toggle
SW4- del1 pitch complexity on/off toggle
FS1- tap tempo for metro
FS2 - momentary 4 octave shift of del0

MIXcrusher - (bit-crushed delay)
ENC0 - bitcrush
ENC1 - delay time
ENC2 - cutoff modulation amount (inverse)
ENC3 - delay feedback
SW1 - change modulation LFO shape
SW2 - toggle randomisation of delay time
SW3/SW4 - up down change of modulation speed as divisor of delay time

MIXcrusher.scn (256.1 KB) MIXrhodrix.scn (256.1 KB)

napkin attached :wink:

8 Likes

excellent! this seems like a good place to post them. i’ve renamed the thread.

post your scenes here.

1 Like

thanks duncan!

and great idea tehn

yew!! legend!! :grin:

duncan these are amazing

this is a simple feedback effect based loosely on delay settings of a sp404 sampler for…

*vocal/drum/beat warping
*no-input self oscillation

zaifi.scn (256.1 KB)

tuning : toggles between 3 options
dline : momentary switch that allows ENC1 to control each line

it has already been useful (to me) in its current state
however
i left space to add more controls and will post an updated version as i test them

5 Likes

thanks for the scene! you mention no-input self-oscillation. does that mean that the scene will generate sound on its own? if so, how does go about initiating this.

plug one of the outputs into an input jack & carefully regulate the volume and feedback amount

as a warning, it can get out of control pretty fast (destroying your ears/speakers) but i find beauty in the resulting sonics

no-input is really a misnomer…there is always input when using a mixer as the sound source. its just a geeky way of saying there are few, if any, EXTERNAL inputs in the signal path

Hello,

due to the need of portability the only thing I am thinking to buy is an Aleph.
But I don’t have any programming skills, so I would be completely dependent of existing/shared Aleph scenes. So my question is: how many freely available scenes are to be found out there? Is there an overview of all available scenes? I couldn’t find anything.

Best
KZA

hmm… you’re right… all the ones i shared before seem to not have been transferred from the archive pages (which also seems to have disappeared?) to the new aleph pages @tehn any chance of making them accessible again… or a new place to upload them?

programming wise you can make lots of things on the Aleph without any ‘coding’ just by using Bees, (it’s just choose what you want to connect to what kind of stuff)
the tutorials are a good place to start.

1 Like

I had informally proposed collecting aleph scenes on github here - [aleph-community] (https://github.com/aleph-community). The idea was to create something similar to the monome-community area.

One challenge with collecting aleph scenes is ultimately which version of bees is a given scene compatible with.

2 Likes

It could be a side note which bees version is compatible.

where were they originally? i quickly looked around but didn’t see where they’d be.

github is where we should put them.

1 Like

they were all in the sharing section on the old monome/aleph site… i think @zebra but some of them on github though actually?

i think the ones i had on the sharing site were for early bees version so may not be super useful! (prob would work with some tweaks) - was here http://archive.monome.org/docs/aleph:bees:sharing11

@tehn i’ve got a bunch i use regularly now… where on github should i put them? where @ngwese suggested on https://github.com/aleph-community ? how does one do that? (sorry… i still don’t ‘get’ github)

1 Like

I have some old scenes I could contribute, would just need to test and see if they work with current bees/lines. Caveat: They might not be the most user friendly or computationally efficient bees patches… but hey they’ll do stuff.

Need to check, but also probably have a complete archive of all bees patches ever shared. At least close.

We should just start a thread here and do the github.

1 Like

I realize that github is a barrier for many. There is a desktop application they have which makes things more friendly. If there is interest I could try to write up a short tutorial around using it.

GitHub Desktop

I’m also happy post other scenes up there on behalf of other community members.

So, after reading this I am a little scared. I really would like to experiment with the Aleph but I am scared to spend more than 1000 bucks without knowing what I am going to deal with. Sorry folks, I don’t want to bother with this but please answer my questions:

• If I am no programmer at all (not even Max), do you think I can get along with bees?
  • If there is no repository, how am I going to get hands on scenes?
  • Why were there never any Bees Tutorials by @tehn after the first announcement? Is it because of the small amount of available Alephs? Is it because of the Eurorack modules that followed and demanded time and focus? Is the Aleph an untended/neglected Monome child?

Best
KZA

• bees might not be super obvious right out the box, but it’s easier to learn than max. will require some work and probably frustration
  • go digging for scenes in forums new and old (tho honestly there was never tons out there anyway and rolling your own is more rewarding and probably why one should want an aleph)
  • there were/are 7 tutorials. see here: http://archive.monome.org/docs/aleph:bees#tutorials
3 Likes

Thanks @analogue01. I just wonder if other Aleph users would be willing to share their actual up to date scenes? This would be a fantastic starting point.