ALEPH user STUDY GROUP

Yes I was following along (though not understanding the details) on the github issue, I’m happy you didn’t get hit by a bus!

With a quick test on the scene I was using before, seems to be working perfectly!

I will give this a more thorough test tomorrow. Thanks!!

hah, just slammed arm-first into a metal pole going rather fast, oops… broke my arm, still able to type with both hands!

omg! dang!! that sucks, heal up

i got hit by a car last weekend. walking at a normal speed in a crosswalk at 8pm. football weekend in this college town and i think they had a few too many at the tailgate. i dented their hood and they bunged my hip… waiting on xrays but i think its ok

must be the season

Crazy injuries yall!

Hope you heal up and doubly thankful for your efforts toward the next release.

Got a bit of testing done today and the latest build seems ok so far

that’s proper nuts - what a horrible coincidence!

fun fact - my injury is called ‘the nightstick fracture’

ooooo mmmmm ggg…

now that’s a hardcore band name if i’ve ever heard one

i hope you two get well soon !

It seems like the modification you made somehow effected the cv-slew parameters. I tested with the same cv sequencer as before, amd when you change the cv-slew parameters you get all kinds of weird things happening, either dropping on cv channel or the other. Both on waves and lines.

I went back to the original version, and though it has the big jumps in the cv values, the cv slew seems to work just as you’d expect.:persevere:

yeah still working on it

see PR 296

I tested out that version.

It works perfectly except that strangely cv1 and cv3 don’t respond to any input value changes at all! Everything with cv0 and cv2 works great.

yea… sorry, we’ll get it sorted.

its a bit of a snafu at the moment - i’m travelling and don’t have access to 10v hardware. rick’s having other hardware woes. realistically there is not anyone else to work on this right now, we’re flying blind

i’m regretting “lending” my gnice+ to The Harvestman two years ago :slight_smile:

So…I finally dug into the parameters in the lines module, figured out how versatile they are and produced Don Cab levels of guitar looping phrases. Then I realized it’s time I stop messing around and get a real Monome grid as a sequencer.

I’m curious how others are using a grid as a sequencer for aleph params. My intuition led me to mapping sequences to change the read_pos param for some zero-time live phrase chopping. I got to the point where I had to stop and sketch out Bees patches to make things more interesting.

Aleph Testers Corner

yo! i have 128 and two 64’s. let me know if you wanna borrow one! i could bring it to noise bridge

Oh, yeah. Let’s. I’ll dm with details.

never tried

yes i lack imagination

the acid module & aceeeed scene from skektek zip is an unimaginative (but technically correct) answer to this question! Basically kria & whitewhale are super-fun step sequencers & there’s a module dedicated to this combo.

It’d be fun & not a crazy amount of work to ‘fork’ that module with more interesting melodic voices - currently it’s just 2 303-alike ‘analog modelling’ synths with adsr envelopes & 4 pretty flexible drum voices. the bfin single-sample processing could probably compute something like a stripped-down ‘waves wave’ or ‘lines line’ in place of the 2 monosynths.

So did I until yesterday. It hit me when I connected one of the four switches to multiples of the read_pos param. The loop I just recorded jumped around.

i like two krias controlling lines read_pos, read_mul/div, focus swap between them on m128, use encoders for mix points and filters

what’s a kria do? –

its a grid-sequencing bees operator based on the function of the same name in monome Ansible euro module.

https://monome.org/docs/modular/ansible/

i’m sorry, docs are lacking on the differences. you probably just want to look at the operator source… :grimacing: