Interesting. And a good point, I’ve found when I move the aleph around I take the sd card out.
I think an editor you could use on a normal computer would change a lot as far as working with a bees scene. I made a scene with about sixty operators, and found after a certain point I could only add things, after a certain point I was too scared to change anything earlier for fear I would break something and not know what I did. I feel like having more of a macro view of the operator structure would make this process easier, as well as make it manageable to reconstruct an old scene on a newer version of bees. And maybe being able to add some comments to keep track of things.
I know these ideas are not new. I certainly haven’t been able to contribute anything towards making an offline editor happen.
Also, like has been mentioned, the difficulty of modifying the modules is a barrier. For example, I thought it would be nice to have a svf filter on an input of lines. It would probably take me a long time to figure that out and also, I’d have my own sgraggly branch of lines.
I’m not trying to complain, just throwing out a couple of my observations since I was using the aleph pretty heavily for a piece earlier this month.