All Things Lorre Mill

That’s lovely, really enjoyed listening! Thank you

love these!! phantom crank reminds me of sun araw a bit. really great album art too. thanks for sharing!

2 Likes

The easiest option is to run the bipolar signal through a diode, this will prevent the negative cycle of the voltage from coming though. This will change signals though. An LFO that looks like this / \ / \ / \ (imagine it connected, weird stuff with the formatting) will look like this -^-^-^. Another option, that does good for me, is to run the bipolar signal through an offset/attenuator then use a scope to verify that you have lifted the signal to remove negative voltage (or run the output through a diode to be safe).

1 Like

Totally. Now I can’t remember the specific type of diode that I used, I’m pretty sure that most signal diodes will work (amazon, or better, your local electronic component store). Anyway, you’ll just wire the diode between two banana jacks and should be good to go. You will want to make sure that the ground jacks are connected between the Serge and KM. You want the side with the line to be the side going into the KM (otherwise you will be doing the opposite, sending only negative voltage to the KM.

7 Likes

Oh no. I meant to make and external box or the diode and two banana jacks soldered and wrapped up in tape or something. I can get you a pic of a similar box I’ve made to show what I’m talking about.

The soldering would be more straightforward if you were just going banana to banana. This is a jumbler for banana and 1/8th inch. The blues are straight connections and the yellows have the diodes.

5 Likes

think i just found my first soldering project…

1 Like

Want to have also ground plug in the box… what’s the principle on how one is suppose to solder it?

1 Like

throw another diode on that input in the opposite direction!
get both sides of that signal
it worked super well with CL synths maybe it will here too

3 Likes

You talking about doing a jumbler, right? In that case you just want the ground banana connected to the sleeve of all of the 1/8in. jacks.

2 Likes

Whoa! I’m gonna test that out! Thanks

1 Like

has anyone built a uTone? It looks fun but I’m wondering how much of a one trick pony it might be for my purposes, or if it can open up some interesting things by cross-patching with other devices. Even if its a simple touch pad noisemaker it is one of the more interesting ones I have seen in a while that isn’t just a cracklebox clone.

I built one but sadly it doesn’t work, don’t know why… I need to start troubleshooting when I have some time.

I miss the Doubleknot, sometimes. It often surprised me.

3 Likes

Replying to my own post.
I heard from Will today - my Mosstone is definitely ‘normal’.
I still think it’s a great synth, but IMHO it would be better if the Fall knob/cv functioned as the Rise does. Greater variation via CV would be possible.

Kind of surprizing it has dissapeared from retail

1 Like

Here are a couple tracks. Mainly KM and DK. I have the noise from the KM going through a eurorack VCA and envelope. There is also a Kick made from an STO. Disting stereo reverb for DK and DIY Marantz cassette deck delay on the KM.

2 Likes

Meng Qi is building some interesting looking gestural controllers for the Double Knot right now, very pretty, and seem like they could potentially open up playability a bit.

352 Likes, 22 Comments - Meng Qi (@mengqimusic) on Instagram: “#woodgrain on one-piece #walnut enclosures.  Gesture Arcade for Double Knot,  a limited run.…”

Not to mention a doubled version for the Cowboy Callosum

9 Likes

Wow. I really need to re-purchase a double knot. I’ve never regretted selling something so much.

2 Likes

Maybe we can invite @MengQiMusic to tell us about these and their availability?

3 Likes