Alliterate

alliterate

dual varispeed delay lines in max for live

sine waves:

key difference of this delay vs. other varispeed delays is that record speed is always = 0 & the buffer is always overdubbed at play speed = 1. setting speed to -0.5 is a good demonstration of how this works.

Requirements

Ableton Live
Max for Live

Download

here
or

23 Likes

Oh yeah this is good fun, especially with some modulation/automation of the speed controls. Thank you!

1 Like

oof glad to hear some1 enjoying it already! feel free to share recordings. hadn’t even tried modulating this guy before, curious what that sounds like

1 Like

Okay here’s a quick little example with some automation. I have a random value changing speed1 between 0.5 and 2. Speed2 is left alone at -1. I’m playing 5 notes from Operator into it, but I’m never changing the octave in which I’m playing - that’s all down to the automation of Speed1. It’s a bit clicky but the filter helps (and I don’t mind the clicks personally). I’ve been having fun turning the dry signal all the way down and then aligning my playing with what this device is feeding back to me.

Thanks again for sharing this! I will definitely be using it in the future. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

!! absolutely beautiful !!

1 Like

very cool! i made my buffer looper (with lots of random) in max for live which has varispeed and a fun autorecord feature, if you wanna check it:
http://www.maxforlive.com/library/device/5142/hyena-random-buffer-looper

1 Like

i cannot wait to try this one!

nice ! feel free to make a thread in Library for it, I’m feeling there should be more m4l stuff here

3 Likes

this is an incredible delay. and yes modulating parameters is power held within imo.