Amen

Yes! That’s definitely the effect! You’re on top of it… AND 64 support!?
Is it hot in here or is it just all my dreams coming true?

4 Likes

Wow. Just… WOW. Thanks for this, it’s already just in my head SO useful!

1 Like

This looks super promising! Yet to get my head around it tho. Am I missing something or is there no way to fine tune the loop out point, like you can with the in point when zooming in?

1 Like

oops ah yeah there is no way to do that right now. the sampler clamps you down to exactly X beats so only the first loop point can be finely adjusted (the end loop point is always X beats away from that). I’m thinking now I need not clamp down the sampler so much because the performance mode can figure out the beats pretty wisely.

2 Likes

u sure did! sounds great!!

1 Like

@infinitedigits
hey ya!

so i can’t seem to get anything to play in performance mode.

i was able to play and even record in sampler mode but when i switch to performance mode nothing will play.

the commands on the screen light up with button presses but nothing plays.

1 Like

I had the same problem for a while and no idea how I solved it ! just pressed/turned stuff and eventually it got going :-S

1 Like

v0.1.0 - more effects, more parameters, more grid

this update requires a restart, since engine is updated.

• new feature: adjustable syncing (PARAMS -> sync per loop)
  • new feature: disable loop quantization (PARAMS -> quantize loopend)
  • new feature: adjustable loop/retriggering
  • new feature: grid support
  • new effect: timestretching (pretty coarse but does the job)
  • new effect: hpf
  • new effect: half-speed
  • ui: parameters for loops, bitcrushing, timestretching map to k2 and k3 now

demo (amen break loaded for both loops #1 and #2, panned left and right respectively):

grid: divided into left and right sides corresponding to loops #1 and #2 respectively. the first six rows are mapped across the entire sample, with brightness showing transient heights. pressing a key in this area will jump to that position. pressing and holding two keys will resize the current loop. the bottom two rows map to all the parameters (pressing one will show it on the norns so you can see what they are).

can you press “stop” and then “play” to see if that does anything? wonder if things go into a weird state. any errors in maiden?

14 Likes

updated, restarted from sleep and things started off acting a bit similar.
but i was getting audio playback.

i then ran into another issue…
several of the effects were not doing anything…however…
once i had the watchful eye of maiden over the norns after another shutdown and restart…it started to behave! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Updated and can’t play / don’t understand this thing :smiley: my presets from trying it before play OK but not the new loop… the metronome icon moves and I see a waveform but no sound. Plays in sampler mode. Will have another go soon and see if there’s any errors in maiden

Edit:

Ok I tried again and am getting a whole load of supercollider errors:

FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1012 not found
FAILURE IN SERVER /n_set Node 1014 not found

Etc

Edit again: I recorded a new sample and it seems to be working now

v0.2.0 - :bug: :butterfly: :ant: :goal_net:

• bug fix: half speed syncs through full loop (instead of half of loop)
  • bug fix: better display position on truncated loops
  • bug fix: sync truncated loops better
  • bug fix: only trigger effects when playing (edge cases still exist)
  • ux: “scratch” effect occurs on beat

no new features really, just fixing old ones (thank you Clash for helping me find these :bug: :butterfly: :ant: ). restart required to get the updated engine compiled.

good! I’m not really sure what happened to you in the first place. one thing that might be important is that after exiting sampler mode it needs ~1 second to load up the new sample you just created. you should see a message about the loop name, and wait until that is gone before pressing buttons otherwise it likely will get unhappy.

haha c’est la vie! I’m also unsure what happened during your attempt, but lmk if you get the problem cropping up again.

8 Likes

Woo! Stoked to poke around! Btw I’m Clash on discord :crazy_face:

1 Like

This is 20 Characters of straight up NASTY!!! I love it.

3 Likes

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1vw157EH99oyUGFKxJlN8kEpYpoxs-ekb/view?usp=drivesdk

A thick slice of Amen + Layers of Timber + With a Molly the Polly bass = Tape jam.

3 Likes

Hello, just wondering if I can record in mono rather than stereo?

Edit: While recording from only the left input, I would still like to keep the Norns output in stereo if at all possible.