After a period of time (as little as 20 minutes/as much as a couple hours) Grid/Arc/Ansible become unresponsive in one or more of the following ways:
- Ansible cannot enter preset mode, but the button still functions as an app-switcher on long-press.
- Ansible becomes unresponsive to any front panel input (all buttons unresponsive) but continues to output whatever it has been outputting.
- Grid or Arc lights remain normal, yet the devices become unresponsive to gesture. Ansible continues to output whatever it has been outputting.
- Ansible’s Gate and CV outs freeze while Grid/Arc looks fine. The lights respond to gesture, but the changes are not reflected on Ansible’s outs.
- Grid/Arc goes dark (no lights)
The issue arises regardless of whether the devices are being interacted with. Disconnecting/reconnecting Grid/Arc resets the behavior of 1-3, but not 4 or 5. Power cycling resets the behavior of all 5 issues.
I’m using two Ansible modules in a case powered by an Intellijel TPS-80w. I tend to clock the Ansibles with a Pam’s New, but other clock sources produce the same behavior. I received the modules just a few weeks ago from Monome, so they’re likely running v1.5.0. I just reloaded v1.5.0 and will continue to test and update this thread. Also, it seems like the issues aren’t present when using Ansible’s internal clock. More testing is required to confirm this.
This new thread is a continuation of: