Ansible Kria Feature Requests

Wow, yeah. This would be great and it would eliminate the need for Beast’s Chalkboard in my current config as well, which would make space for my second Ansible. Moar power. Moar flexibility. :heart_eyes:

Literally visited here today wondering about the octave switch situation :hugs:

Id love to see an option to disable the scale. (unquantized)

Im trying to use an ornaments and crime in quantize mode because it has heaps of advanced quantizing options and i love seeing what key im in and what scale with the option to remove notes.
If anyone knows a way to set a scale in kria that will play nicely with a quantizer that would be amazing.

Agreed. The scale mask option on O_C is really great. Plus, musically, I prefer to be able to set different scales for each of the four voice outputs. All scale masking aside, having different scales for each voice/channel in Kria would be so powerful.

see here regarding “unquantized”

Ah, right. I agree that allowing for unquantized would be great for using the O_C.

I guess I was just stating that if you ever wanted to incorporate different quantized scales per voice in Ansible, I’d be a huge proponent.

So looking at the whole unquantized idea, this may not be the best option with a grid. So I was thinking, as I do love using micro tonal scales inside o&c maybe an option would be to create a microtonal preset row or bank in kria.
Personally I’d really like to see a selection of Indian and Japanese scales.
This has many scales including microtonal turnings.
http://ornament-and-cri.me/predefined_scales/

Randomize function to create new patterns, or do partial changes to existing ones.

Different step modes ( forward, backward, pendulum, random) independent for each track and pattern.

Track shifting independent for each track or a group of tracks.

Now THAT sounds like some great requests!

Yes! Always kinda miss my Fat Controller, which I incidentally sold to get my first grid.

I would love to see the random step behavior from white whale ported to Ansible!!! the “drunk” mode is a particularly fun one :slight_smile:

since a TT-clocking mode w/ track-toggles were added to the “Scale” screen, we could venture to call the scale screen “scale/time config” and add some play-direction/modes to the top left, per track.

the current build has the tracks 1-4 horizontally but i’d suggest putting them vertically (to follow the trigger page) and then fwd/rev/triangle/drunk/random could be added to the right.

fyi i don’t have time for this right now but i’m just approving the feature if it was to be added

Teletype 3.0

I didn’t see it in this thread, but I recall reading that the clock multiplier per track was taken out due to instability of the clock. Has this feature ever been revisited? The ability to divide and multiple per track seems like a simple way to set differing polyrhthmic ratios per track.

Not sure that I understand your query correctly but Kria has clock divisions per track per parameter

Edit- but not multiples
Edit edit- as a workaround I click it at the highest multiple I think I’ll need and divide down from there. You lose steps but there’s the meta sequencer to make up for it

Right, that’s the most practical solution I’ve been using in my sequencing in general (no ansible for me currently…). That technique can get a bit complicated depending on the polyrhythms you’re trying to achieve but I bet the divider per track still makes it easier.

Not exactly the solution you were asking about, but if you have a teletype, you can clock each track individually.

oooh… I didn’t know that! That’s a great tip.

Had a clock mod idea inspired by the Befaco Burst, a “Distribution” control that takes the looping parameter and adjusts the step spacing over the loop. Picturing it living on the same page as the clock div. The demo video shows some nice slowing and speeding up of the trigger https://youtu.be/KMNqizaTN1o?t=323

Capture

Flicking through the Kria code for the first time I can’t see any obvious implementation though. Everything seems pretty well connected to the main clock, getting events independantly timed as would be the case here would mean a new clock timer and much work.

Just a random idea, I noticed that Kria has the probability, quantity and clock div stuff of this Burst module which got me to thinking about how a Distribution parameter would work

EDIT: Just realised Meadowphysics does something like this. Maybe doesnt need to be brought into Kria then

Could this also be done via the currently unused sub-page for the duration parameter? I know that those sub-pages are supposed to offer extended functionality related to the primary parameter those views control but that doesn’t really seem to be the case with octave/glide. If it were to be done via the duration sub-page it wouldn’t have to affect the general layout at all.

I don’t know if this has been discussed earlier, but I think I just got an idea.

What if you could latch or hold a note in a sequence with Kria by holding down the button you would like to keep ringing? So if you hold down a button you’ll send a gate until you let it go, and the sequence will go on. Hm. Just a thought. I love playing around with Kria, it is really by far my favourite sequencer. It would be so cool to have even more hands on playability. Like a merge of Kria and Earthsea, in a way.

I have also been thinking about how cool it would be if the note page in Kria could function like a arpeggiator, so that if you hold down certain notes you would engage the sequence/arpeggio. Maybe that sound like a different creature? I don’t know.