Ansible Kria Feature Requests

Yeah, like @Jonny, I use either Beast’s Chalkboard or an O_C running Quantermain with quantization off to traverse octaves via the two buttons (for up to four channels). I set Kria’s octave page up one or two octaves up as my ‘center’ and make adjustments with my ‘adder/subtracter’ as needed. It works pretty great.

the beauty of the V/Oct pitch control is that it will work as @TonyIdaho suggests: a half-step in the scale corresponds to a difference of 1/12th of a volt, so ascending and descending will swap if the voltage is precisely inverted. That’s a non-trivial “if”, but it should be possible with an attenuverter set full negative.

ahh actually hold on, it will change major intervals to minor intervals and vice versa, so I was wrong, but it will do something musically interesting at least

What if the scale is not equal tempered?

the V/Oct standard does presume an equal-tempered scale, but that’s also all that Kria outputs as well.

Ok, thanks to you all. I’ll try the Oc Quatermain solution as I have one in my system. Oh, and happy new year!

Fillowing O&C with Marbles makes this even better.
Quantermain does a lot of its stuff step-wise. With Marbles, one can sample and loop the O&C output sequence, dial in a key change or whatever on O&C and then release the Marbles Dejavu for smooth sequence transitions. It very easy.

Since the output of Kria is already quantized and playing, it sounds like @fourhexagons is doing octave transpositions on the fly with no need to loop or record any sequences.

O&C does octave and key changes one step at a time. Going +- 1on octave or a half-step on key is smooth. Going further, isn’t smooth wo/ sampling.
For me, I don’t sample for octave changes because I only move 1 octave at a time but I do sample for key changes because they represnt more steps of movement.

I dig what you’re both saying, @Jonny and @Frogstar. I always end up using Marbles for additional voices to layer with Kria, but I like the idea of running Kria through Marbles for further processing of the melodic material. It’s now something on my list to check out.

Sounds like a fun approach that can lead to some musical results. :slight_smile:

possible to add swing percent?
could be implemented in another modifier page like duration

I’m wondering if there is anyway to have a midi mode that outputs clocks for syncing and a mono voice.
I’d really like to have my op-1 sequence a voice and sync the rest of my system.
Could also be cool to have a few different clock times too.

Like this idea! Hope this gets it own control in the timing page possibly?

Ive been thinking about this as well, some sort of swing or microtiming?

Maybe instead of the ratchet page, we could have a subdivision page that subdivides each note by a chosen global value (1-6?). And then have on/off buttons for each subdivision. That way you could still get identical ratcheting behaviour by setting the repeats to 4 and turning on as many as you’d like, but also get a world of subdivision possibilities