Ansible / Kria Meta-sequencing Tutorial (Video)

Since I couldn’t find any documentation or discussion about the meta-sequencing capabilities of Ansible/Kria, I decided to make a little tutorial video for those who may not have known about it or how to use it. Enjoy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWBXLsbxWlw

42 Likes

Awesome thank you!!!

1 Like

thank you so much for making this. you did a nice job explaining everything very clearly.

1 Like

Thank you expressive fingers.

1 Like

Fantastic! An asset to our community!

1 Like

Superb tutorial! I didn’t know you could jump to any step like that, that’s a really good tip.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

1 Like

Spot on! This gave me ideas for improvising with kria using the meta sequencer which I hadn’t yet thought about. Thank you

1 Like

Thank you!! It’s so helpful

1 Like

hugely informative, thank you so much

1 Like

thanks so much!
like so much video tutorials instead of manuals
they let me dream a little bit more :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Awesome. Meadowphysics next??? :star_struck:

3 Likes

Was just playing a bit with the meta-sequencing on Kria and I’m struggling with something I’d like to be able to do.

I’ve got two different sections (section A, section B), each is 3 patterns chained and i’ve got one in the first meta-sequence row and another in the second. So I’m looping section A and what I’d like to be able to do is seamlessly switch to section B, on time when the last (3rd) pattern from section A finishes in the current meta-sequence loop.

The behavior I’m expecting is something sort of like how changing the loop in the main sequencer works, but when I try to switch the loop, I always hear the last pattern of section B first, before section B loops around and starts from its first pattern.

Not sure if I’m missing something here. Perhaps there is a way to cue the next loop? Maybe I need to roll my sleeves up and dig into the meta-sequencing code?

Anyone have any insight on this?

I love this community. Doing God’s work.

3 Likes

Oh no, I was going to revisit this tutorial only to realise it’s not available anymore

in a recent email/google account migration my channel got lost for the time being, still trying to sort that out and hunt down the original video on my computer and put it somewhere in the meantime, but can’t seem to find it. :sleepy:

if by some miracle someone had saved it themselves, please pass it along, otherwise someone should make a new tutorial! (I no longer have my Grid).

4 Likes

:confounded::tired_face: i’m only know wrapping my head enough around kria that I am ready to approach meta-sequencing. I remember watching your video and saving it to watch later…heres hoping you find it! but thanks for making it in the first place

1 Like

I saved the video :slight_smile:

https://we.tl/t-Npd6mWBl7f

7 Likes

I just uploaded a link to the file :slight_smile:

12 Likes

No way! the savior!! :raised_hands:

Just popped it on Vimeo. If those with the power to edit the Ansible docs (@tehn and I’m sure others) could update the link to the one below, that would be awesome! (there’s a reference to this tutorial in the meta-sequencing section)

24 Likes