ansible v3.1.1

brought to you by @csboling @scanner_darkly @tehn

see the module firmware flash instructions

v3.1.1

• NEW: latest grid support

v3.1.0

• FIX: tuning customization behavior in midi modes
  • FIX: send original rather than customized pitch table values to ii followers
  • FIX: bugs preventing saving / loading some presets to USB
  • FIX: disable i2c during preset writes to prevent possible loss of data
  • FIX: improve delay when connecting grid and arc
  • FIX: reset JF velocity when exiting leader mode
  • NEW: freeze one pattern for editing while meta sequence continues to run
  • NEW: optionally reset the entire meta pattern on a reset trigger
  • NEW: optionally always tie notes when duration is maxed
  • NEW: Disting EX as ii follower
  • NEW: W/syn as ii follower
  • NEW: crow as ii follower
  • NEW: supports new ES.CV teletype op
41 Likes

Nice! Is this all for the Kria App, or are other apps also included in the added functions?

2 Likes

All apps should work as I2C leaders, respect tuning tables, etc. This should include MIDI modes, which should now use customize tunings if you have programmed a custom tuning to correct for Ansible DAC offsets, and should allow you to e.g. play Just Friends or W/syn with a MIDI controller, though I have not used this nearly as much as the grid apps.

I apologize that I have not been terribly responsive to a lot of the firmware discussion of late. There are a lot of demands on my time the past few months but I will try to answer questions and address bugs as best I can. I can also convert firmware .hex backups to USB-loadable .json files for anyone who’s unable to update without losing presets due to the USB preset bugs that are (hopefully) fixed going forward.

7 Likes

Thank you for clarifying this. And also for all the work with the firmware!

I only uste ansible with teletype and was referring to the other features beside i2c connectivity. Though I mainly was confused at the fist look and now see that tie and metafunction are kria specific. And do not relate to the arc apps and meadowphysics. So it was a stupid question I could have answered by myself with just a closer look and second thought.

more stable USB backup and faster grid / arc connect sounds great and hopefully will be able to update on the weekend.

My favourite sequencer just gets better and better

It’s seen every imaginable sequencer vanquished- even last night I thanked monomes for this gift of an instrument:)

1 Like

Wow, this is something I’ve been looking forward to for a long time! :heart:

I checked the docs but they haven’t been updated yet. How does one put Ansible in leader mode and select JF/ W/syn with a midi keyboard connected?

It’s in the Advanced Section of the docs :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update!

I’ve updated just now and the process seems to went good, but my Ansible doesn’t emits signs of life and it doesn’t even power the Grid no more…

Advices??

EDIT: Solved, i’ve been using a wrong update-firmware.command

Thanks, I went through that before posting and it states that the grid is the only way to set leader mode, which got me confused. So I am assuming that I’d have to set leader mode via grid first, unplug the grid and then connect a midi controller…

misplaced the A to A cable to perform Ansible updates, is there anything special about it or will a replacement A to A off of Amazon be fine?

get a normal, inexpensive USB A-A cable such as p/n 1175-1035-ND on digikey. a “transfer” cable will not work.

(this is from modular firmware updates | monome/docs)

2 Likes

thank you thank you.

1 Like

Is there a draft guide for the ii leader mode and follower configuration view to change parameters for Disting Ex, W/syn and Crow? I can’t seem to find the info anywhere

I’m unsure what’s the difference between a transfer cable and a regular A-A. Would one like this work?
LINDY 36692 USB 2.0 Type A to A Cable, Anthra Line - Black, 1m https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FWRMJ99/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_H29HV154RW0Z3KY4E8WJ

Thanks

Yes, I believe any USB A to A data cable will be fine

1 Like

Thank you x twenty characters

1 Like