Anyone here really know about harmonicas?

i’m looking for some information regarding 2 kinds of harmonicas… the first is that i just want to get a “good” one for general use. but i have no idea what makes one good or bad or what the variations are. i don’t need it in a certain scale or tuning and also i don’t have any previous experience playing one so i have no specific expectation. the only thing i know is that i have 2 random ones at home and one is way way better than the other in terms of overall sound and sensitivity of playing.

secondly, i was wondering what is the most hardcore harmonica you can get if you’re an enthusiast? the most… expensive? fancy? or crazy in a meaningful way (as opposed to one made out of solid gold, etc)? the most unique?

thanks for any harmonica thoughts you might have!!

1 Like

I’ve got a Harrison B-radical harp and it’s a wonder. Since he closed up shop there are no harmonicas made in the US.

1 Like

good to know! off to google to check it out!!!

woah!!! 5 minutes on that website and its blowing my mind!!! thanks for the link, its perfect… so much craziness there

1 Like

I have 5 harmonicas in different keys and my favorite one is a bob Dylan that was around 150$ as I recall its I think a medium quality one. I have seen ones very fancy that are around 500$ each mother of pearl and wood carvings etc.

1 Like