Approaching: norns

Ah clever so you replaced the awake engine. I hope to learn how to do this myself when I receive my norns with the help of the studies :slight_smile:

Thanks for sharing

i would also love to know more. recently started putting together a modular and i’m holding off on a lot of stuff in order to wait and see what role norns / crow will play in the system. clearly, i am eagerly anticipating any information about crow.

1 Like

Same here.
I just would like to know for now if this will host midi too… i ve a keyboard background and a hard time with sequencing for my early Modular journey. So i am not sure if crow with a bit of code will crack the synthesis and Geode open of Just Type while allowing to play it in a traditional way too or if restrictd to Grids.

If tehn meant crow with „polyphonic earthsea“ that makes me doubt it hosts midi or even accepts reading otherwise hosted midi. Very keen because otherwise i need a proper midi cv or if there will be special communication, get Ansible.

1 Like

Any sharing of the script? :wink:

3 Likes

@burn @markeats

please consider forking dust repo and adding your new engines in a PR! that would be super nice. :slight_smile:

17 Likes

a few things to tidy up with that one but definitely will once it’s in a decent spot :slight_smile:

6 Likes

haha - nail on the head

Haven’t ever really posted music anywhere before, but thought I’d throw this here to give EarthSea some love.

Thanks to this great community for all the support.

17 Likes

:heart_eyes: right up my alley!
Immediately kicked into some oldfield meets goblin atmospheres and it inspires my visual creative wired mind.

I just have no idea what earthsea is doing exactly?

2 Likes

Will do. Need a couple of days to build a complimentary .lua script.

5 Likes

not sure if there’s any video, but i just played norns mlr onstage with bon iver at bonnaroo, and it was very, very fun.

53 Likes

Tips on how to use it in such a setting? Like … did you charge it up with loops ahead of time or Do It On The Fly?

on the fly - i had a send of his vocal and recorded into mlr live, set a few patterns and then sent the norns output through my modular. i was up for a few songs, but ‘woods’ was the one i used it on.

17 Likes

Very cool. Hope this was captured somehow.

Completely unrelated question, if you don‘t mind. I just yesterday watched a live gig of Bon Iver on televesion. It took place in Cork in 2017. Were you by any chance there, too?

would love to see this as a M4L device, so sick

we’ve posted almost no information about crow so you haven’t missed anything. no dates yet. but more information as soon as we have it!

4 Likes

Wow, would love to see this. 2 of my fav music people together!

1 Like

norns mlr + modular

26 Likes

No direction when I sat down an hour ago, ended up drawing this:

26 Likes

Does norns have a colour screen?

1 Like