Approaching: norns

This might very well be one of the most beautiful things i’ve seen. Ever.

3 Likes

Man, really beautiful!

And like @Dan_Derks mentions, vibes me out to early arc days as well :slight_smile:

Can’t wait!

8 Likes

i can think of an explanation for all lines except these 3…

knows something.
loves birds.
waits patiently.

curious how it “controls voltages” - via some unannounced expander? trilogy/ansible/teletype via usb?
scrolling through lines of lines makes me think you can make loops with any apps and then transfer/incorporate them freely

6 Likes

Really beautiful - is may 3 the release date?

knows something.

Internal recording storage?

loves birds.

… maybe a built-in microphone perhaps?

waits patiently.

This has one has me stumped… maybe there’s no “on” or “off” state, but it doesn’t use up any battery life if it isn’t doing anything?

2 Likes

or maybe it means it reacts to something (if there is a built in microphone maybe it reacts to what it hears?)

4 Likes

You guys are hilarious. I don’t know if I’m more excited for the device, or the continued speculation. :popcorn:

5 Likes

absolutely beautiful sounds @tehn!

4 Likes

I am not very familiar with any Monome stuff except Teletype, and I am mightily confused right now. Curious, interested, but confused.

I at least gather that this is sort of a general (musical) purpose, programmable/scriptable doodad of some sort.

1 Like

Oh wow this looks incredible… I was so hoping this would drop tonight I was just a out to drink another coffee! Needles to say I’m in for this beauty

Such a beautifully designed device and mesmerizing sounds @tehn. I’m very excited to get hands on with this.

I’m in the same position. Teletype is the first Monome thing I’ve had. Now I guess I’m hooked because this looks very interesting…

swoons

tell me more…

7 Likes

looks very cool! congrats brian/kelli on another brilliant and beautiful release.

2 Likes

twenty characters of :heart:

5 Likes

I’ll be the first to ask… How much should I be planning to squirrel away for this? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Why Lua, he asks with extra characters.

Lovely. I will have to watch the tail end of the reveals from vacation. On the flip side: vacation. I look forward to a longer period of Norns, and also am excited for the Lua end of things.

1 Like

It’s a great language for scripting. The ER-301 uses it as well in the middle layer.

Likely, the DSP is done at a lower level and things are connected using Lua. It would make for an easy way to describe complex graphs.

9 Likes

Thank you.

Hopefully it will be revealed over the coming days what the OP-1 was doing in that patch, because a) I don’t own one and b) I really don’t want to own one.

3 Likes