Arc2 and 128 Connectivity Issues on Windows

Hi @artfwo, thanks for the quick response.

I’m pretty sure I reinstalled it correctly, I can try a uninstall/reboot/reinstall/reboot cycle just to make sure the windows services are cleared out.

Good news though - I’m connecting directly to the arc via serial in TouchDesigner, and have already converted all the relevant api calls. The latency is incredibly low (especially using a 120fps patch) and the sensitivity is absolutely out of this world! Haven’t had any drops (other than crashes of connection when sending invalid commands accidentally during testing, a quick unplug and reconnect resets everything just fine). I’ll probably stick to serial for my custom applications, though I’m hoping the win10 issues for serialosc get solved for using other people’s Max patches like Capstarc. Thanks for looking into this!

• Jonathan
2 Likes

Yes, restarting the system might be necessary.

It works! My Arc is working smoothly with all M4L devices now!

It is much more stable, but if I close down an Ableton project, and open another one, it is suddenly not recognized, and the only fix I have found is to restart the computer

is the arc also not recognized from other clients, i.e. the monome package for max?