— arcologies —

Not that I’ve noticed.

2 Likes

(i’m back from my social media fast!)

@edrapley thank you so much for helping troubleshoot while i was out. it means a lot to me.

@Helen yay!!

@PREC0GNITIVE hey! welcome to lines! i’m so happy to see you got arcologies working! sounds awesome. keep exploring and let me know if you have any questions.

@bloomah everything still working ok?

@kcpaul anything i can help with?

2 Likes

I’m still finding my way around the magnificent edifice that is Arcologies and am currently scratching my head over how to load a new seed.

I see it referred to in the docs - screen grab attached - but I seem to be missing the option on my screen.

I can see it clearly in the fundamental structures video (screen grab attached), but it doesn’t seem to be there on mine.

arcoscreen

Has it been (re)moved in the newer versions? I couldn’t find it in Parameters/Load so I’m a bit stumped.
Answers/suggestions on the back of a £20 note to the usual address… :rofl:

Thanks, as ever, for your patience with this consummate newbie!

2 Likes

I believe this only exists in the parameters under the “DESTROY AND SEED NEW CIVILIZATION” section :slight_smile: if you search this thread for “seed” you will find that it was deemed too powerful and was hidden behind a menu for everyone’s safety :rofl: real “one weird trick!” “arcologists hate him!” vibes when it comes to Mr. Seed

2 Likes

Ah! That explains it!
Thank you, I will dig deeper into Parameters!

1 Like

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: AWAKE issue : “error : missing PolyPerc”

@tyleretters sorry if this is covered somewhere (I checked the docs), but is there a way to select sharp notes with the UXB structure. I can scroll through and select which white key to play, but I can’t figure out how to get it to select the black keys. Hope that makes sense, thanks.

2 Likes

Good question, @latenitecali: I’m struggling to select the black keys too.

1 Like

@latenitecali @aeoner what scale are you in?

1 Like

ah, it was in default, c-major. that makes sense. c-chromatic seems to let me select any key I want. I was using arcologies to trigger drum sounds on my op1, was frustrated I couldn’t get all the sounds, but now it’s all good! thanks.

1 Like

I can change the scales in arcologies edit menu?! :scream: (I’m travelling, norns is far away)

1 Like

The actual Oblique Strategies are still pretty amazing for divination of directions for creative projects!

4 Likes

@aeoner :smiling_imp:

@eblomquist icymi a deck of oblique strategies comes bundled with yggdrasil

5 Likes

I had missed that, good to know.

So psyched to be very close to a norns in my future!

4 Likes

Hi there, I’m fairly new to all of this but I thought I had a decent handle on things. I’ve got Arcologies working just fine, PolyPerc and Midi using MidiGrid and it’s all smooth and sounding great, but for some reason I can’t get Crypts to trigger at all. The directory is installed in dust/audio/crypts and matron doesn’t seem to be throwing any errors. I’m wondering if there’s an engine or other script I could be missing? I’m a bit at a loss. Thanks in advance to any help!
EDIT: I tried adding Digi to dust/audio/arcologies/crypt both as a folder and just the individual samples, and got nothing, and the param/edit interface reads the various crypts just fine, just no audio. Seems like just a sample playback issue?

1 Like

Did you try to change the crypts in the parameters option? I think the first option can be silent, but as soon as you change to eras or noise or others, you will hear them.

Edit: ok, your edit answered it :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Phone tag! I appreciate the help though!

1 Like

I really wanna try out this script but can’t get toga/touchOSC to work with arcologies. Anybody else tried it and can give me some headers what I might be doing wrong with the whole code pasting in the script?

local grid = util.file_exists(_path.code.."toga") and include "toga/lib/togagrid" or grid
1 Like

Are you pasting the toga/grid bit in the “_grid” file in the lib folder?

2 Likes

arcologies (and me and @DanUK 's infamous jingle bells remix) getting more press:

8 Likes