arcwise

arcwise

map arc rings to params

arcwise

An arc in a topological space is an embedding of a closed interval into the space. A space is said to be arcwise connected if every pair of points is connected by an arc.

Arcwise aims to be a fully-featured mod for mapping arc rings to norns params.

Requirements

norns, arc

Documentation

Arcwise saves an .amap file for each script to allow mappings to persist across sessions.
The .amap file format and Arcwise’s SYSTEM > MODS menu
are directly cribbed from norns’s native parameter mapping interface for maximum familiarity.
Arcwise has 16 arc pages to map,
along with a “configuration” page accessible by holding a user-configurable norns key.
On the configuration page you can select the page to be displayed,
the ring whose settings to edit,
and then edit that ring’s “scale” and “slide” settings.
“Scale” is a sensitivity setting; lower settings require more of a turn to create effects.
“Slide” controls the time parameter of a slew, smoothing out the effect of a turn over time.

Download

v0.1 Github link

;install https://github.com/ryleelyman/arcwise

Thanks @WilliamHazard, for Schicksalslied, whose wealth of params to map inspired this mod, and for yr friendship. It’s nice to have company, even if virtually.

37 Likes

this is awesome! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

reminds me a bit of arcify but in mod form! thanks for sharing!!!

6 Likes

yeah! I guess key differences from @dansimco’s very nice mod version of arcify are:

• 16 pages for a total of 64 params
  • params are mapped via SYSTEM > MOD menu instead of PARAMS menu
  • the “slide” feature
10 Likes

whoa!!! That’s a lot of knobs (and, if my math is correct, the same number of knobs as an mft!)

beautiful work with this. Excited to hear what you and others make with it

7 Likes

This is awesome, thank you! I’ll test this out today with my arc2. Does this mod support arc push buttons?

it does not (my arc doesn’t have buttons), and you’ll have to adjust “scale” and “slide” on the mapping page rather than on the arc itself, and I guess you only get 32 parameters, but it should work otherwise.

5 Likes

Thank you, that’s amazing…need to get used in navigation :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Your on fire at the mo! Can’t wait to dig into this, I can see so many applications opening up ! Sincere thanks

4 Likes

FRACKEN AWESOME!
i will be installing this right away!
:loud_sound: :loud_sound: :loud_sound:

3 Likes

This makes me want to have an arc even more😍

2 Likes