As Far as Time Goes - On High Mountains

A few words on the material, the manipulation of material and the ideas that went into the making of these recordings. The material used was recorded musical phrases played on various synthesizers*. The phrases were then manipulated in a sampler** with various processes including speed changes (resulting pitch changes), flipping the direction of playback, stopping/restarting playback (resulting in tempo modulations). Sequencing was done in the sampler, the basic compositional ideas explored were chromaticism/free atonality and rhythmically independent lines.

*Plumbutter, Shnth, Digitone
**Digitakt

12 Likes

eager to hear these after tracking your shnth/digitakt exploration this year :partying_face:

1 Like

Your Plumbutter stuff is some of my absolute favorite. Can’t wait to have a listen

1 Like

@glia, these have a similar vibe but with more varied sounds not just shnth sounds.
Thanks @tteejj glad to hear you’re digging the PB vibes.

2 Likes

I’ve also been following your shnth / plumbutter explorations on instagram - this work is superb - a sonic journey into ciatland. Very atmospheric and creepy - This could be a soundtrack to the silent movies of the 1920’s / 30’s.

2 Likes

Atmospheric and Creepy…perfect! I’ve also gotten “unsettling”… kinda similar. Definitely soundtrack.

1 Like