Asheville, NC this April

Hi all—my partner and I will be staying in Asheville, NC from April 8-12 and I’m looking for suggestions for cool stuff to do and see.

I already want to visit Make Noise and Moog but am wondering if anyone has other cool shows/sites/exhibits they know of? Good coffee? Good bar? Good hike?

Thanks so much----tho I obviously haven’t gotten a response yet, I can already feel the linesian magic yet to come!

1 Like

Great city, I’m there at least once every couple years.

Try Local 604 Bottle Shop in W. Asheville – the owners are big synth nerds, they host synth meetups and jams and vinyl nights and occasional gigs. And good beer selection.

https://www.local604avl.com/

2 Likes

over easy cafe is my favorite breakfast & harvest records my favorite record store, and a drive out to the pisgah brewery in black mountain is well worth the trip. have fun!

5 Likes

I didn’t make it out there when I was in town, but Black Mountain College Museum & Arts Center is worth your time: http://www.blackmountaincollege.org/

@walker, any MOTS plans or other Make Noise-affiliated shows happening in early April?

2 Likes

All Day Darling, near downtown, is great for food, as is Biscuit Head in West Asheville (awesome GF biscuits, too). Malaprops bookstore is one of the best in the South, if you’re a fan of the written word. For something a little offbeat, visit the Salt Caves which feature chambers with 3 tons of Himalayan salt crystals, for meditation and purported health benefits. If you have access to a car, take a spin on the Blue Ridge Highway for some spectacular alpine scenery.

1 Like

No Make Noise events, but ReHappening is April 11 at the original Black Mountain College campus on Lake Eden. There will be tons of interesting performances and art, and the Philip Glass Ensemble is performing.

3 Likes

Woah that whole event looks amazing! Hopefully we’ll be able to hit that up.

1 Like

Thanks much for these suggestions all! Can’t wait.

2 Likes

+1 to Biscuit Head. Super dank brunch spot.

1 Like

Just moved to Asheville! Any interesting event spaces? Any other Lines members currently living here? Is modular in the park still happening? Any non-food or nature recommendations?

3 Likes

I’m an Asheville transplant myself. Good to know there’s another synth enthusiast in the neighborhood.

1 Like

@12eightyseven there’s Static Aged records that has small shows almost every night, just down the street from Make Noise HQ. Also REVOLVE is a cool space with the occasional synth show. There’s a show there this Saturday that’s definitely worth checking out.

And yes to Modular On the Spot, I think will probably start up in June.

4 Likes

I live here, if you want hiking spot advice shoot me a message on here.

Food wise 9 Mile and the Admiral and Curate are my favorites by far.

Burial is the best brewery.

Pretty fun spot to visit, feel free to hit me up with any questions.

2 Likes

<— Asheville resident here. All the rad/positive aspects of this place will be quickly self-evident. But also look into involving yourself with the difficult bits. Volunteer with BeLoved. Vote for people who support fair housing policies and reparations. Give $ (if you have it) to Asheville Survival Program. Etc.

Also…welcome! :grinning: :grinning:

4 Likes

Living in W Asheville myself! I run Voltage Flow here in town, a lil modular synth music program for local artists. Let’s meet up! Feel free to dm :slight_smile:

Yep, Modular On the Spot should be running this year, haven’t heard anything otherwise.

Someone else mentioned it, but yes there is a great show coming up this Saturday at Revolve as well

2 Likes

@edgar :wave: in 20 characters!

1 Like

Great seeing this thread reviving as my wife and I were just talking about the possibilities of moving either to NOLA or maybe even back (in her case) to Asheville one day… who knows; but good to see there’s plenty of Lines people there if we do.

2 Likes