Benoit Pioulard & Jogging House - Communiqué

Dear lines community,

I’m beyond excited to share ‘Communiqué’ with you. An album made in collaboration with the wonderful Benoit Pioulard.

It consits of four ambient longform tracks composed in mutual respect across the wires. And I could not be prouder of the result. Making these tracks felt absolutely effortless, an entirely natural process without stress or worry. I like to believe that this comes through when listening to the album:

‘Communiqué’ is out today in a limited cassette edition and digitally. Downloads are free (name your price) for one week.

Gear wise, my sounds were mostly generated with an analog modular case while BP mostly used guitars and a Moog synth. I then mixed everything together to 1/4’’ tape.

Benoit Pioulard has been one of my very favorite artists for quite some time. Hearing this blend of our styles is just incredible to me and fills me with joy. Maybe you will feel the same.

Thank you!

30 Likes

really beautiful baths of sound, thank you :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Really excited about this one. Ordered.

1 Like

Thank you very much!

1 Like

Wow, love the vibe of this. Been a big fan of both of you for awhile so this is a treat! Are there any plans for a vinyl release?

1 Like

There are no plans for vinyl, sorry.

1 Like

Thank you for these gorgeous sounds! BP and JH helped me get through many long nights in the library when I was in engineering school. So lovely to hear the two of you together. A wonderful soundtrack for slow autumn days.

Cheers from the Midwest.

2 Likes

I’m glad to read that and our music could support you a bit.

enjoying this on a rainy autumn day :kissing_heart:

1 Like

listened through with closed eyes on my circa 1988 monster Denon receiver, infinity speakers and modern sub, sitting in the sweet spot in my comfortable chair. Your sounds compliment each other very well and the tape has glued everything so nicely. Beniot’s textures put such a gorgeous sheen on things. A very find record! You might think about making another one. I hope tons of people hear it.

1 Like

Thank you very much! I’m really happy with the overall sound, so I’m super glad you feel the same. We haven‘t talked about future projects, yet. But the thought crossed my mind, of course :slight_smile:

Just listening to this now, some really lovely textures and atmospheres. Thank you for sharing it. Will it also be available later on mainstream streaming platforms?

1 Like

Thank you so much! It will come to streaming platforms next week. (Oct 19 or 20)

1 Like