Boingg

boingg

a bouncing ball sequencer

https://vimeo.com/368803868

heavily based on flin by @artfwo. originally coded by @declutter. updated for 2.0 by me :slight_smile:
i’ve also added probability settings and the option to output to crow/JF.

Requirements

norns 2.0
grid optional
crow optional

Documentation

-- norns control
--
-- enc2 and enc3 adjust scales
-- key2 starts a ball bouncing
-- key3 stops ball from bouncing
-- ----------
--
-- grid control
--
-- Press a grid key to 
-- start a bouncing ball
--
-- press the bottom key
-- to stop

Download

v2.0.0 (last updated 10/25/19)

26 Likes

I missed boingg! Thanks for bringing it back

2 Likes

THANK YOU!!!..now just waiting on Crow/JF integration with Rebound :pray:

1 Like

that should already be in rebound! just update :slight_smile:

Dang. Must have missed that. Good thing I just figured out a functional understanding of Terminal and the whole “git pull” thing:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

How beautiful!!!
Thank’s @Justmat for everything you do! :green_heart:

2 Likes

Yay! So happy to see this updated. Have you thought about adding a sync input? :pray:

2 Likes

Boingg is really nice :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Uuuuugh! That Just Friends sound is NOT helping my GAS for a modular setup and some Mannequins modules…

4 Likes

Haha! Oops :slight_smile: (PS. its totally worth it!!)

Added to the library!

1 Like

@Justmat

I have a request for Boingg. Would it be possible to get midi out? Thanks for this.

3 Likes

I will have a look at it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thanks! The script “Awake” has great midi in/out/clock options. If Boingg had the options that Awake has that would be amazing.

3 Likes

Sorry if this is a dumb q as I’m new to norns- this only triggers audio from the internal synth engine and is unable to use external sounds or serve as midi out?

looks like it’s just internal sounds or crow cv/ crow + just friends output. i should have added midi output ages ago, i’ll make it a point tomorrow.

2 Likes

Yes!! That’s awesome, thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

just pushed the midi output update!

15 Likes

Hi @Justmat,

Can you see if this works with clock from crow input? Today I sent midi out and was trying to clock from crow with no luck.

1 Like

I’ll add it to my list :sweat_smile:

Hopefully I’ll have some code time this coming week. There’s several things I want to do :smiley:

edit: @jasper_ryder, this script hasn’t been updated to use the norns clock system, so no crow clocking support at the moment. i’ll try to get things moved over to the new systems soon and post an update.

1 Like