borgue

borgue

cyborg fugue

we are borgue
you will be harmonized

Borgue is… an autotuned transposing delay and looper. In case you needed one of those.

• Set all the delay times to 0 to automatically harmonize
  • Set the delay times short to arpeggiate
  • Set the delay times to a bar or several to have yourself sing a fugue with yourself
  • Set the transposition of each delay voice, and optionally invert it around the root of your scale. All notes will stay in-scale.
  • Set the pitch spread of each delay voice, to vary between a monotone and wide-jumping intervals.
  • Set the speed of each delayed voice independently, including backwards or stalled if you want.
  • Freeze a voice to loop the delay. You can still transpose and mess with the speed of looped content.
  • Set a secondary delay on each voice to repeat it and make a sonic mess all over the local quadrant.
  • There’s an option for L input to be processed and R input to be passed through unprocessed
  • Play with formants using the PSOLA-based formant-preserving (or formant-tweaking) pitch shifter, or spread grains all around time with the granular pitch shifter.

Yeah, there’s a lot.

Requirements

Norns. Some way to get monophonic pitched audio in. That’s it.

Documentation

– E1: Select voice
– E2: Transpose
– E3: Delay
– K2: Invert Pitch
– K3: Freeze
– K1+E1: Rate (how fast the playhead goes)
– K1+E2: Amp
– K1+E3: Period (for rate not 1) (how often the playhead resets to the nominal delay time)
– K1+K2: Mute

Check out the parameters menu for a lot more stuff.

Download

;install https://github.com/sixolet/borgue

93 Likes

i saw @infinitedigits blowing sax thru this on insta and ever since have been waiting for this eagerly!
so amazing! THANK YOU!! :raised_hands:

3 Likes

wowee that demo! lovely work!

1 Like

That was Sacred Cyborg Harmonies but this new offering is even more fun :smiley:

7 Likes

That’s very cool! Awesome work!

1 Like

Looks amazing! We were just making loops with sacred cyborg harmonies with my friend today. This will come in handy.

1 Like

so excited about this app

1 Like

Resistance is futile! This looks amazing, I can’t wait to be assimilated.

2 Likes

Woooooooooooah! I’m in!*

*in 20 characters.

1 Like

Oh my goodness! This robot harmony business is escalating quickly. I’m 100% here for it.

1 Like

Well, now i do (20 characters of )

I got this song stuck in my head, i would totally dig it in a record

1 Like

This is mindblowing, I can’t wait to try it out!

4 Likes

wowowowow!! any chance of putting this in Maiden at some point? :smiley:

2 Likes

These two scripts are goosebumps good. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah! I’ve just been putting it off, I’ll get to it soon.

2 Likes

Tried it very quickly

Direct in my top 3

1 Like

Just got to mess with this this afternoon a bit. Absolutely beautiful. There is some wizard level shit going on behind this script that I can only hope to one day understand.

3 Likes

Tried this script out today, way cool.

11 Likes

I hadn’t ever even tried it out with sequenced synth voices!

2 Likes

Very cool!

What is that silver device on the left?

1 Like