Boston/Camberville Events

Hey Boston/Camberville hivemind!

I have a technical question: if I wanted to get 5-6 jacks re-touched/re-soldered on my Cocoquantus, is there anyone locally who’d be able to fix it up (for pay, of course)? I’m pretty sure the job is simple enough, but my soldering ineptitude has already made one jack worse, so I’m holding off until I can find someone with skills.

Two places come to mind: Harvard Square’s Audio Lab is pretty good. They weren’t able to repair a mixer I brought in (I suspect because it was SMD and all-in-one-board), but they did wonders on all the intermittent connections the (oldish) amplifier for my record player had. I’ve been meaning to bring in my record player there too.

Otherwise, somebody at the Artist’s Asylum on the Wednesday nights might be willing to at least talk you through your own repair if not do it for you for pay.

Anyone in the Boston area interested in using some of my gear and talking about it? I’ve got a Buchla 200e system 7 on the way, a Music Easel with a 208 Toolbox and the new Synthi card, a bunch of Ciat-Lonbarde, a Macbeth Elements, Folktek Resonant Garden, Lyra - 8, a humongous eurorack setup, and a ton of other interesting and esoteric gear (including an Eventide H9000, for example) . It’s huge fun for me but I feel like it would be fun to share it, rather than it being the solitary pursuit it’s been for me so far. Let me know if you’re interested. I think it would be tremendous fun.

Oh gosh, what an offer/idea @Rhialto! I’d love to try a Buchla easel some day :slight_smile: (currently based in Somerville)

I’ve got the Easel, and a bunch of the Portabellaz expansion cards including the brand new Synthi card - haven’t even had time to use that myself. I’d be happy to set up some time for you to come play with it. PM me and we can pick a time.

Wow, sure! Sounds awesome…

I’m definitely hoping to meet with

Great, PM me and we can pick a time.

The silver lining to the unfortunate Massive Attack tour postponement is that I’m now free to check out the Worcester algorave tonight. Anyone looking to carpool? Thinking of leaving from downtown Boston around 7, have a couple seats in the car.