Ok, downloaded it and had a quick play. I've made some modifications/tweaks/additions, in a quick/hacky way.
(I wasn't able to get my old arc to connect on my mac mini, so I've not tested it with the arc, or messed with any of the led stuff)
* Added tape saturation and compression from TPV2 modes
* Added random dips in volume and random filtering (also from TPV2)
* Added wow/flutter to general speed playback
* Swapped BEAP record for plain sfrecord~ (that pop up thing was killing me!)
* Added signal rate smoothing to all playback speed (super important, as it otherwise sounds steppy (you were smoothing with regular
line 0. before instead of
line~) (smoothing is from Cut Glove where the overall smoothing comes from the controller input, so the slower you move, the slower the smoothing, the faster you move, the faster the smoothing))
* Rejigged how 'friction' works. Rather than it being the general smoothing, it's instead the amount of time before the playhead comes back to rest. So kind of an inertial 'stop'. I want to implement this better, but this kind of works how I imagined.
I was sketching some stuff the other day on how to handle the LEDs too, but haven't figured it out quite yet (basically imitating the tape wheel cogs, and then spinning/interpolating that).
So yeah, have a tinker with this to see what you think.
arcTape.maxpat (328.3 KB)