Cassette releases

And at least half of us on the comp lurk or post here. :rofl: Out yourself at will. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

Happy to be releasing Modelbau’s “Wavelength” on Cloudchamber.
Tape collage meets space travel through vibrating sound matter. :pray: :space_invader: :loud_sound:

4 Likes

Whoa, that’s awesome to hear! Thank you. Yes, I work in public access and do a TV and radio show called Aura Borealis. I love getting friends and fellow weirdos in the studio. You can watch past episodes at AuraBorealis.TV or catch the radio show on Mixcloud. Reid and all of the other artists who played Ingrown Fest will be in the upcoming season starting in the Fall.

1 Like

Escapecraft and I have a few copies of Crucimedusina left on Aural Canyon here:

For fans of slow ambient, field recordings, noise compositions.

2 Likes

coming soon
9 Likes, 0 Comments - zvv3!+3z!z+3m\\\ (@0x47.ff.9a) on Instagram: “working on the cassette edition of the 1st release by the "left bank" side project.…”

8 Likes

Pleased to announce the release of a new batch of tapes on Muzan Editions :slight_smile:
This time around we have Japanese minimalist duenn in collaboration with a bunch of artists from around the world including Wanda Group, M Sage, Hajime Tachibana, Hoshiko Yamane, Galaxy Express 555, Kara-Lis Cloverdale and Sean McCann.
Next up: cosmic healing drones from Daniel Guillén (aka Lunaria) and abstract industrial thump from modular wizard Rodent.
There’s another batch around the corner come late spring featuring Heejin Jang, PJS and Hideo Nakasako…I’m currently working on the cover layout for those. Phew!

Edit:
Forgot to mention that if anyone happens to be in or around Ikoma, Nara, Japan next weekend, Muzan is hosting the 9th edition of our 山の音/The Sound of Mountains live series…it’s gonna be goooooood!

6 Likes

Purchased it yesterday! Great comp. Really enjoyed your track, @smbols. @cinchel’s track is awesome too.

2 Likes

Also great and highly recommended! :clap::stars::musical_note:

1 Like

Wow. Wow wow wow. Really nice work.

2 Likes

This also comes on tape, although I had to order the package to be able to get it (not sure they’re going to do tapes on their own)

Thanks @standard_grey ! :slight_smile:

the whole comp is so solid and i’m honored to be included. @smbols your track rules! it has a feel like a lost boards of canada track.

2 Likes

My new album “Always Ending” is out now on Otherworldly Mystics. It features four meditative tracks about grief, loss, and the impermanent nature of all things (so basically a feel good record :wink:). Created with eurorack/modular and soft synths. Thanks!

1 Like

The wonderful new album ‘Planetes’ by Sofie Birch is now available on cassette via Seil Records. But you can also download it for free in the first two weeks. Hope you enjoy it.

8 Likes

From what I have managed to listen to today this is great release from Seil - I ordered it immediately purely based on the quality of the other cassettes I have purchased from them. Definitely worth checking out Seil Records if you haven’t already.

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your support. It’s super cool that the label has developed an identity and can help artists to get heard a little more. In a very small scale, of course. But still awesome. Hope you will enjoy the full release when you have time to listen. I’ve been listening to it for months now and love it dearly. It’s so free and wonderous.

3 Likes

well I’m happy to support such a great label as ultimately I get such reward from listening to the music. I also love the attention to the design of each cassette - my small collection of Seil tapes looks great all lined up. Unfortunately my incredibly expensive Walkman from 1992 (yes I’ve had it that long!) has given up on me so I’m having to appreciate the music digitally at the moment. Keep doing what your doing and if you need some artwork for another release perhaps have a browse through my Instagram and give me a shout :wink:

1 Like

“Perspectives” is a three-part concept album about the current political and media landscape in the United States. An alternative title would be “Music for a post-apocalyptic nightclub that has been overrun by hungry ghosts.” The album was made with eurorack/modular, micro-mellotron, and effects pedals. Out now on Warm Gospel (cassette and digital).

3 Likes

This is fantastic. Congratulations to all involved

1 Like

The most recent release on my label Couch Acid Recordings is by UK dwelling synth lord Quaid. Most accurately described as sounding like Vangelis after a long weekend in a Laos opium den

1 Like