Change Font Script "About Screen"

Is it possible to change the font used to display text on the “About/Info” screen that shows when a Norns script is selected from the Select menu, but before it’s actually loaded?

I ask because I’d like to display some ASCII art on this screen, but this requires a fixed-width font.

I wonder if support for simple formatting/markup commands in the commented top section of a Norns script that contains this description text exists, or might in the future, to allow changing fonts, font size, any perhaps even displaying .png graphics.

3 Likes

in short, no, not without substantial feature changes to the menu system.

it seems you’ve advanced quite a bit in your scripting— i might suggest starting to look at the core lua code of norns. the menu itself is written in lua! norns/preview.lua at main · monome/norns · GitHub

4 Likes

No problem. I think I’ll not mess around with the Norns system at the moment, as then my script wouldn’t work properly for anyone else, and I don’t imagine it would be a useful mod for anyone else.

Hehe… not sure about that one! I think I’ve about got back to where I was when I worked on my last abortive Grids port, then took a break from Norns coding for a while…