[cheat codes 2] (rev 220524: LTS6.2)

Perfect solution yes! play the preview! :bat: The opz implementation is so choice!

2 Likes

Yesterday I was playing around with CC2, playing loads of different sounds, from my ipad, into the live buffer, looking/listening for inspiration.
Do all these sounds get stored on the norns somewhere? I’m worried that it’ll be full very quickly if I continue experimenting like this…

You’ll need to save the live buffer together with your current project. Collections in the params meny has an option for ‘save live buffer’.
You’ll then find the stored samples/buffers in the folder meny on your norns, under audio

2 Likes

OK, thanks. So you mean that unless I actively select “save live buffer”, then each time I “record” into cc2 it’s not automatically saving all these files? Or should I say, if I don’t “save live buffer” in collections, then it discards everything I’ve recorded in?
Just to clarify - I don’t want it to be saving everything.
Also, is there a way to clear the live buffer, other than just pressing record and leaving it to go around with no input?
Thanks @DuellingAnts !

yes, that is correct. unless you save the live buffer it will be gone once you power off norns.

clear live buffer:
-with a grid connected you can hit alt (bottom left button) + L1/L2/L3 (the rec buttons for each live buffer, next to the alt button)
-without grid i think it’s hold k1 + k2 in the local layer view on the L-page?

3 Likes

Great. Thank you :slight_smile:

I have a grid, so I’ll try that.

Had so much fun yesterday, watching @dan_derks CC workshop again, exploring the arp and delay modes. Such an inspiring script!

3 Likes

Greetings Mr. @dan_derks !
Soooooo after coming late to the ableton expression control device “party”

I was curious if you have considered some kind of ‘faux’ MPE MIDI support for old yeller 2.0? I Would love to map a midi knob to glide or another MPE target and play the grid with one hand and move a knob with the other. Just kind of thinking out loud and hope all is good in the hood!

1 Like

Been trying to figure out how to use a 24ppqn clock into crow with a gate high reset into CC2 and controlling transport, I’ve set up what I think are the relevant settings in PARAMS, but still don’t see any interaction with the external signals in CC2. I saw elsewhere in the thread that it used to be that Link was the only way to reliably clock CC2 externally, but I also saw that there was an update to the clocking system, can anyone shed some light on the state of external clocking in CC2?

I must be missing something but I can’t pattern record? I’m unable to arm recording, when I press k3 on rec mode, recording fails to start. What have I missed?

1 Like

Might be because transport is not on?

on the main screen, hold K2 – you should see numbers advancing in the top-right if transport is on. if not, press K3 while holding K2.

1 Like

That’s not it sadly. Transport is on. Any other ideas? I’ve wondered around inside Norns as much as I can think to and tried updating cc2.

sorry to hear about the snag!

are you using a grid? or just norns?

if using a grid with cc2, the pattern rec/play button is located at the top of the zilchmo (the right angle shape on the right of each bank) — the k3 on the pattern screen might not be configured to work when a grid is present (it’s there for the MIDI keyboard crowd).

lmk!

3 Likes

Thanks so much dan, that was it! I’ve just started using midi grid 64 (LPm 3). Gosh it’s lovely with a grid! thank you!

1 Like

Dan is a norns God - seriously man thanks so much for all the hours you put into helping us swim these oceans of sound!
I have saved my dive into CheatCodes until I had invested what I thought was enough time to be familiar with norns to the point that I would not just sink straight to the bottom

my only question is with all the updates I can see that has taken place, is the documentation always updated to cover all the new features?

i dont think i would be able to catch everything if I got really thorough with going through every question and answer hidden in these thousand plus interactions :blush: :v:

3 Likes

hi hi! hope all’s well + thank you for the kind words!

the big PDF was a massive labor of love, which i simply couldn’t continue revising, so the changes which add new features are all captured in the top post’s changelog: [cheat codes 2] (rev 210714: LTS2).

in combination with the PDF, the two Music Hackspace courses cover everything you’d need to get up + running and into some fun :slight_smile:

the final revision of cheat codes will take a performance-centric approach to docs – i’ll be releasing weekly videos which cover individual features, but anybody who is familiar with cc2 will feel right at home in the new interface. i just wanted to bring this up to assuage any worry that any time invested in cc2 won’t be useful for the final version :hugs:

25 Likes

understandable

just worried about missing them little nuggets of knowledge
:wink:

1 Like

Highly recommend the hackspace courses. They are a great walk through for cheat codes & give you a nice holistic sense how norms works.

9 Likes

hey @dan_derks

are any of the dough modes in the currently available version? no rush, just wondering if they’re there and how to access em

1 Like

nah, next version only :slight_smile:
stoked for u to get em, stoked to release

8 Likes

I second the hackspace course. Very clear and interesting. I’m still studying CC2 but already very happy with the results. Thanks, @dan_derks !

3 Likes