a sample playground for norns
a massive improvement on timing.
nb. this is a deceptively huge update. I have tested restoring pre-1.2 collections a ton, but if you have a bunch of collections saved, I recommend backing up
we > dust > data > cheat_codes with your preferred norns file management tool before updating. you won’t need to do anything with them after that, but it’d be good to have on hand.
thanks to @edison’s absolutely insane good vibes, I completely rewrote all the old linearization/quantization/snap-to-blah-blah stuff and arrived at four clean modes of nudging your Patterns in and out of time.
thanks to @ypxkap’s clear-eyed and -hearted thoughts, we’ve got
focus mode for grid, which lets you latch a single pad for editing while your Patterns play. oh, also, grid-ALT + the third key in Zilchmo row 4 will make the duration of every pad in the bank 1/16th at the current BPM.
thanks to @deru’s energy + patience, we’ve got streamlined Live buffer save + restore and all the delays should be sending the right wet/dry levels when enveloped.
thanks to @swhic’s wisdom, we’ve got some Pattern randomizing! shuffle an existing Pattern or build a sequence on-demand!
a summary of changes:
- complete rewrite of [timing] modes, including massive clocking improvements for tempo-synced Pattern recording (got rid of all that vague linearization and snap stuff)
- MIDI clock out, MIDI clock in, and crow handling are all greatly improved
- Pattern shuffle: cut up and jumble your current grid Pattern
- random Pattern generation: create a grid Pattern in the current [timing] mode, on-demand
focusmode, which allows a single pad to remain in editing focus while grid or arc Patterns play
- copy/paste now lives in
- arc recording completely re-written – now, arc is aware of what pad received which adjustments and playback will only affect that pad
- live buffer save/restore no longer requires extra steps! all taken care of with the
save Live buffers?param
- added a reset/clear crow param function, in case crow stuff gets wonky
- crow input 1 toggles Live recording on/off
- fixed some residual delay-centric [level] issues
- fixed PARAMS: delay send , which now moves in 0.1 chunks (rather than binary on/off)
- changed K1 long press on [loops] page to a toggle, instead of needing to hold
- probably a ton of small things, all in the manual!
- norns (200218 or later)
- grid strongly encouraged, not required
- arc strongly encouraged, not required
200318-cheatcodesmanual.pdf (9.4 MB)
In the maiden package manager as
Don’t see it? Please refresh using the refresh button next to the