Chester Winowiecki - Metamorphoses (Norns and Shnth)

The USA tapes and mugs are now live!

All the tapes have sold! Thanks to everyone here who took a moment to check out my work.
If there is anyone who would still like to get a cassette, I have a couple of my artist copies set aside for sale or trade. Hit me up in a private message, please.

4 Likes

This makes it even harder to resist a Norns. The only thing stopping me is that I see the value in purchasing a fully built one vs building the shield, and I’d also need a controller which puts it well out of my range (for now)

Love these sounds!

2 Likes

Thanks! :pray:
I agree that the cost of the two together is a bit much but at least separately they are complete stand alone instruments with huge amounts of sounds possible. One or the other will keep you occupied for a long time until you get the second.

2 Likes

I redeemed this one, thank you :slight_smile: If you ever made more UK/EU tapes i’d love to grab one as I missed them yesterday. The mugs are so beautiful!

1 Like

Happy weekend everyone!

One of the parts of the cassette release that I forgot to mention are these small (3/4 inch) buttons I made to go along with it:

I have lots remaining and if anyone would like a pair or two I’d be glad to send them to you for the cost of shipping. Please message me directly and I’ll get them off to you.:grin:

2 Likes

very cool release that slipped past me (till now)
just redeemed “ddum-67ka”

1 Like

I redeemed zvtr-328n
I’m listening it now, to go along a pseudo nap.

Great work!
Very organic sounding, I guess it might be because of the Shnth’s responsiveness, and also the PA/resonators.

I really like that process actually, would you share a picture of the resonators?

Thank you for the art!

[EDIT] Ahaha, you have to wait until track #7 to hear sortoff a familiar beat :blush:

Also another question for you, I hear some very cymbal like resonances, are these from the resonators, or samples, or norns reverb?

2 Likes

just grabbed w35t-uzpb

thanks for the share

proper weirdness for sure, lovely

1 Like

Here’s the basic set up with the speakers/ resonators circled in blue. Top left is the reflector from a work light, top right a heat shield from my Camry :slightly_smiling_face:, bottom left is a cardboard tube and bottom right a plastic bucket.

About half from the objects and half from the reverb built into the script. When it’s very obvious, it’s mostly the script reverb but I think that the objects and the room add a lot of verisimilitude to it and keep it from sounding “fake.”
Oh and the fact that there are cymbal sounds in there too!

6 Likes

Thank you for the answer and picture!
Very interesting setup, for sure worthy of a live performance :slight_smile:
Also a good reminder to have my norns and shnth talk to each other more often!

1 Like