Chicago! (meet-ups/shows/convos)

yeah the pricing is brutal, pitchfork definitely isn’t a nonprofit. my “dream lineup” was like $375, i ended up closer to $200 for 6 add-ons across two days. if you’re going for one act the pricing is totally insane; if you’re going for several in a day the price gets closer to being reasonable.

i’m trying to to be too cynical about it - getting to see the other installations (visible cloaks hasn’t done anything in chicago in many moons) and just perusing the museum when i’m not at shows should make it worthwhile.

for sure, i’m still digesting the format and deciding whether or not it’s going to be something i want to engage in and support. i’m not familiar with any of the base ticket artists but a friend mentioned familiarity and fondness of several so i should do some homework and see if they might be interesting to me as well.

Yeah I’m having trouble coming to grips with the same. I’d love to see slow dive, but I’m too much of a casual to really know who in the base ticket price I’d want to see. OTOH you do get to hang out in the art institute and it’s probably worth it just to check out some of the installations (like what barnjazz was saying).

do the base tickets sell out? onea those is prob about all I’ll go for

Pricey but such a great line up and such a great space. I’m geeked over so many of these acts

hey all, I started a separate thread here for the chicago event series I’m helping run ! it’d be a great thing to turn notifications on for if you don’t frequent the forum as scarily much as I do.

we’ve got a new event on the 9th, would love to meet some of you that I haven’t met already :slight_smile:

happy new year! i saw some people in the 2019 goals thread mention they wanted to meet more chicago folks, so opening things up to say hi friends.

not sure if anyone has any shows they’re lookin to go to in the next month or so, but i’m planning on going to the frankie knuckles event at smartbar on the 20th (i have the 21st off, the rare chance that my old withered body can actually go out and have fun at queen!).

i can’t completely commit, but i’m gonna try and make it out to humboldt to check out the openspace @andrew is hosting!

glad the those new years resos are raking in some audience members :clap:

Hi to my fellow insomniacs! Playing a relatively unplugged and “intimate” show at the start of feb! If anyone can make it I’d love to see ya after the show. (before the show I’ll be very sweaty and nervous)

Okay frankie knuckles event wow didn’t know abt this-If I’m in town i’d love to check it out!

house show but not my house ok

thx to everyone for tuning into that livestream ! - wasn’t expecting that. likely a recording coming soon-ish.

two more days til Midwinter!!

i’ll be at Yves Tumor and Slowdive on Friday - let’s hang out!

I’ll be at William Basinski and Slowdive on Friday and Tortoise and Kamasi Washington on Saturday. See you there!

anyone going to see Grouper at Chicago Athletic Club this weekend??

me n @zanderraymond are I think ~

yes! i will be there!

I won’t be at Pitchfork but I will be at @andrew’s apartment on Sunday to play a set with some other cool people.

I’ll be there! stoked for how much talent is gonna be packed into that space :slight_smile:

i think i should be able to make that gig before getting over to the art institute!