Computer games

I was waiting for the darksouls port for switch, as i never had a good enough pc or console for the game. With the Monster Hunter for switch announcement, everything related to game purchaces is on hold until Monster Hunter comes out

I got SteamWorld Dig 2 last week on Switch, with little to no expectation, and have found it to be incredibly fun and addictive. I had to go back to Breath of the Wild for a bit to conserve SteamWorld because I was worried I’d finish it in the space of a couple of days. Really like the animation, the music is perfect – highly recommended.

Same here. I didn’t play much tabletop Battletech, except a 12±hour long game at a con in my early 20s, but it left an impression. Games like Armored Core, Heavy Gear etc. never quite satisfied me like this one does.

I’ve also been playing Slay The Spire, but apparently I am terrible at it :laughing:

I’ve just finished Uncharted 3 (finally) and Hellblade: Senua’s Sacrifice. The former was okay but felt a bit formulaic after the first two. I enjoyed Hellblade to some extent but felt that the foregrounding of Senua’s psychosis at every step of the story was a bit exploitative. Also died a few times thanks to the camera getting stuck behind scenery and the run button not working in a particular sequence. Probably going to accompany Wonder Boy: The Dragon’s Trap on Switch with more Most Hunter World in the near future.

I’m also a bit surprised that there hasn’t been any mention of Life is Strange or the prequel in this thread. Both great examples of storytelling in recent games, especially the scenes from The Tempest.

I’ve become solely a Switch player ever since it came out - it’s a good mix of highly playable AAA Nintendo games (Breath of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, Mario Kart, Toad Tracker), surprisingly hardcore experiences (Skyrim, Dark Souls, Monster Hunter, a whole bunch of difficult/complex modern roguelikes), and the best indie games (Stardew Valley, Undertale, Hyper Light Drifter, Night in the Woods), in a form factor that encourages small portable play sessions but with a generous gorgeous screen and comfortable controls, and hooks into the TV very easily. It’s my dream game console, I think, and I’ve played almost all of them since the Atari days.

Currently playing on my Switch, some more than others: Toki Tori (a cutesy but fiendishly difficult puzzle game, like Lemmings and Lost Vikings); Korg Gadget (a frustratingly stripped down but still super-fun version of the popular DAW); Mario Odyssey (I’m in the post-game content finding as many stars across the worlds as I can. It’s a massive game that never gets boring); Stardew Valley (I suspect I’ll be playing this on and off for years, it’s just so relaxing and entrancing); Skyrim (same)

Looking forward to: Mega Man Legacy Collection (collects the first 6 Mega Man NES games in one package, which for me means 100+ hours of no-filler classic game design; I’ve played 1-3 but have yet to play 4-6) Monster Hunter Generations XX (I’ve tried to get into Monster Hunter before but it didn’t stick; hoping the portable nature of this console will let me dip in small doses rather than requiring hours-long couch sessions); Undertale (I started this on PC and loved it); Mineko’s Night Market (a cute Animal Crossing-like in a town filled with cats); Minit, mentioned above; Layton’s Mystery Journey (it’s been years since I’ve played one of these Professor Layton games, and I had a blast)

Really curious about: Wizard of Legend, an action-heavy roguelike that just came out yesterday to no fanfare and has yet to get much buzz, though it looks fantastic

Anyone care to recommend a non-addictive iPhone city-building game that can be played in 5-10 minute chunks? (Or even a base building game.)

I like the idea of some of the freemium games out there, just without their inherent ‘buy gems’ or ‘give time’ nature.

(the Battle of) Polytopia is nice, even in single player: like mini-Civilisation - a tech tree, turn based, isometric. You only pay to unlock extra races. Light, but works well in short bursts.

I’m loving Connection by infinity games on Android. Good little brain workout.

I’ve been playing Monster Hunter World for a few months now, I can’t believe that I’ve spent so much time playing a game that never seems to end/run out of content(fun!) Destiny 2 has been so disappointing in that regard.