Controlling eurorack modules from the web

i’ve been testing the ESP8266 WiFi module for work, and it’s an amazingly cheap and powerful little device. you can program it in the arduino IDE or in lua. i think you can find them for about $4 online. here are the results of some tests:

2 Likes

looks fun. but why would you do that? seriously, touch those expensive knobs yourself…

just kidding… could be fun mapping different aspects of web traffic to analog signals… craziness!

heh. yeah it was mostly just to test out that module, and not really for practical use. it could be interesting to take CV out of one modular rig, and pipe it through the internet to another rig. a 4000 mile patch cable.

2 Likes

this is my favorite kind of nonsense. please do this.

1 Like

This is awesome. Would be interesting for live performance or installations where the audience can participate via a webpage to cv.

1 Like

Joe Paradiso’s modular does this:

http://synth.media.mit.edu/synthclient/

1 Like

A friend and I have been experimenting with streaming audio at each other and sending it back, using the lag in the 3000-mile wire aka Internet as a delay. It’s pretty fun, sounds amazing in places.

1 Like

@bens wow. that synth is massive & very impressive.

thanks for sharing!

the first implementation of audio delay (pre magnetic tape) was created by radio stations routing sound through telephone lines hundreds of miles away and back.

1 Like

That’s terrific. I didn’t know that.

i like the idea of having an “internet” module in a rack. anyone can log in and grab whatever is being piped into it. maybe send something back, too. cv chat room.