Crazy stereo matrix mixer i just got for free

so i was tellin @kcikdrumk about this free matrix mixer i picked up yesterday, and he made me post it haha. it’s the oz audio hm-6 (later rereleased as the mackie hmx-56).

anyways its crazy cuz it has 6 stereo headphone outs, two “main inputs” and 4 “inject inputs” with stereo effects send and return.
anybody every mess with this one? it’s kinda confusing but i’m playing with it and making rad effects loops so far!!

anyways, i’d like some tips and tricks if you guys have any on matrix mixing. i included pics so you can see how weird this lil dude is! haha.

Here’s my strange matrix mixer.

I’ve found the key is to patch it so it looks like an octopus at its first yoga class. Symmetry is your enemy. Feedback is your friend. If you self-patch it favorably and set the knobs just so, you can sometimes hear the voice of God. (Keep your volume as low as the devil, though.)

Those are cool! Wouldn’t mind getting my hands on one, but I’ve never seen them come up for sale.

I’ve only seen them on reverb…

Ah I meant the headphone one. The little one looks cool but I would prefer 4x4. I have a matrix mixer in my modular but I’ve been looking for something external instead.

amazinggg, lucky find!

Matrix mixers are the reason i’ve even ended up using eurorack, built one a while back tho it needs fixing now