We’ve been learning a lot about USB connections & Python package management, but also some subtle enhancements to ASL and the library of slopes. Many bug fixes, and better communication from crow as to what it’s doing from time to time. crow & druid are getting along great, and crow is able to keep up with norns when it speaks really quickly.
To update crow, follow the instructions on the update page.
To update druid, type
pip3 install --upgrade monome-druid into terminal and run it from the bowery folder (or anywhere else!) by typing
The Scripting tutorial has been updated if you run into issues or want to double-check that everything is working ok.
- NEW crow announces what script it’s running on boot
- NEW clearer confirmations when using
.batfiles to run firmware-update from Finder / Windows Explorer
outputhas a new event when a slope completes, redefine
output[n].done()to use it
outputhas a new state variable to query if it’s running:
- NEW code is now licensed with GPL3 @tehn
- NEW asllib slopes accept generator-functions as arguments:
- FIX asllib functions could crash if time was set to 0 @voidstar
- FIX default
input.changethreshold increased to 1V to support Make Noise gates by default
- FIX uploads while running a script with active
input.streams could crash @csboling
- FIX boot messages from crow would never appear
- FIX running & uploading scripts could crash crow on win & mac @csboling @simonvanderveldt
- FIX druid can be opened without crow currently connected
- NEW on startup, druid will print whether it is connected to crow @csboling
- NEW upload & download from the command-line @simonvanderveldt
- NEW query your druid version with
- FIX text input is far more responsive
crow max & m4l update coming later this week.