crow: max + max for live devices (feb 3 2020)
A bundle of Max patchers and Max for Live devices that know crow-speak.
I’ve closed the old ^^ crow help: max and max for live thread, as much of the discussion in there was related to how messages to/from crow were bottlenecked into Max’s low-priority queue. This has been fixed by @Galapagoose’s massive overhaul of the [crow] object. This also afforded an opportunity to bring scripting in Max closer to scripting with druid + norns by dropping the required
tell_crow prefix. Your old patchers will work fine, but this will hopefully clean up the point of entry for folks
Please feel free to use this thread to ask questions!!
- docs: https://monome.org/docs/crow/max-m4l/
- docs, install sections: crow-max install | crow-max-for-live install
- v1.0 livestream: https://youtu.be/dKMO1Vg0heA
- github repo: https://github.com/monome/crow-max-and-m4l
feb 3 2020 (replaces jan 21 2020) (<~~~ click to download)
^^outs: remoteis a bit more stable now. super thanks to @jlmitch5 for reporting #25 !
- NEW envelope shapes for
- FIX max patch no longer relies on low-priority
- FIX streamlined messaging across m4l devices increases stability (
^^jf_synthnow passes midi thru
- FIX device visuals look better on Mac + Windows
- CHANGE max no longer requires
tell_crowto send messages to crow @Galapagoose
for the best experience, please modulate
^^outs with MIDI devices only. Live’s built in LFO is actually an audio device, which gets prioritized over data (which powers crow’s m4l devices) and causes crashing. there is a MIDI LFO available here: https://www.ableton.com/en/packs/max-live-essentials/
when in doubt, if the device can be loaded onto an audio track, it’s an audio device.