Crow+Norns with Eurorack Clock

Hello!

Straight to the point:

I have a Norns Fates I’m thinking of getting a Crow for my modular setup. (I currently don’t use the Norns in any way with my modular)

On my modular setup I currently clock everything with Pamela’s New Workout.

Is it possible to use the Norns with Crow and have them both synced to Pamela’s New Workout?
Would it be something like Pam’s sending CV Clock to Crow, and Crow sending this clock to Norns (via USB) and the Norns then sending (clocked) script information back to the Crow? Is this how it works?

Thank you

Yes. You can send a clock from Pam’s into Crow that will sync up with the clock in Norns.

2 Likes

Thanks for keeping it simple!

Guess I’m getting a Crow then.

Cheers

2 Likes

Bringing this back, the Norns clock seems to fluctuate 1 or 2 bpm up or down when I do this. Any ideas?

Probably just an artifact somewhere along the line. What’s your clock source?

Running it straight from an out put of pamela’s new workout

Hi, Could you please explain how to do this? I’ve set the following in my script:

params:set("clock_source",4) -- 4 means crow?

but the clock sticks at 120 whatever I feed into input 1 on the Crow.

Not familiar with that use of param:set but you can find the clock source param under CLOCK. On the params page, under reverb/compressor/etc. Then you can select crow.

Clocking norns via pams is my favourite way to go, I clock pams from a e-rm multiclock which makes it easy to shift the clock timing back and fowards. I believe you can get a similar effect using the phase offset with pams to get your norns hitting perfectly on beat.