^^ crow strategies: Just Friends

not really, though if you look at the scripts they usually have a short bit at the top explaining the ins/outs. you can look at the scripts with a text editor, or in druid by typing the letter p and pressing enter.

p will “print” the currently uploaded script into your terminal/druid session:

2 Likes

thank you Justmat and corygrunk appreciate your help
Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

I’m the lucky and rather happy owner of a brand new Just Friends, and I’ve been having quite a lot of fun scripting very basic sequences with Crow.

Digging a little deeper, I’m trying to see what else I can do to get the most out of the pairing. Am I correct in understanding that it’s not possible to control the values of the Just Friends knobs and switches (e.g. Time, Intone, Curve) over i2c, and that I’ll need to patch Crow’s outputs to Just Friends inputs on the front panel if I want to control those from a script? The docs seem to suggest that, but it’s possible that I’m missing something.

Yes, that’s correct. You can get the values in code, but can’t set those ones.

1 Like

Thank you @PiecesOfQuiet!

The docs look thorough and easy enough to understand. I still need to think a little deeper about Geode mode and how I might use it, but I don’t imagine I’ll get board of Synthesis mode in a hurry.

I’m very curious: how many of you regularly enable “God Mode” and do you really feel that it’s somehow better? Does it even make a difference (obviously the frequencies would literally be different, but you know what I mean, hopefully) if you’re working in tuning systems other than 12TET?

EDIT: having sat with the idea for 20 minutes, I feel silly for even asking. I’ll leave the question up, though, in case someone has an interesting answer.