— crypts — a community sample pack

Still learning here. I can load vamps up. Just curious where do those .pset and .archogy files go?

/dust/data/arcologies!

1 Like

thanks! also my favorite crypts yet!!! wow

1 Like

definitely gonna push into some more expressive / emotive / experimental ones next

2 Likes

the more I use this… the more I fall in love with it! daydreaming of a crypt topiary combo.

1 Like

do it!! the vamps are in c… kinda. set your root to c and the scale to harmonic minor or maybe even major. your topiaries should sound nice.

1 Like

good tip will do for sure! no I meant like a being able to adjust/sequence the crypt pitch. The more I wrap my brain around archoloigies the more see how vast this can be. its one of those instruments like modular where I catch myself mind mapping patches on my drive to work, in the grocery line, and so on. Im on vacation and plan on spending some serious time in the new environment you have made

1 Like

oh oh oh yessss… i am starting to gather ideas for a new sampler structure. if you have any feature requests please share. pitch is already on there but doing a topiary thing with pitch is really interesting…

2 Likes

yusssss. crypt and vale also of course. Im all about random goodness. I still have much to explore already but for sure!

these are back burner ideas… but I’ve been contemplating some kind of tunnel like device with either a random a,b,c,d, probability or a tunnel that acts as a burst or ratchet. Tunnels btw are so friggin cool.

1 Like

20 characters of ???

yeah In this sense ratchet might not be the best description or even possible for that matter. A solarium/tunnel combo or solarium/Dome may fit better.

1 Like

new pack up: dt1

dt1.arcology (105.7 KB)
dt1.pset (925 Bytes)

just noticed crypts picks up directory index and not name, so as you add more your crypts shift under you. i’ll update that to match on strings.

4 Likes

regarding sampler stuff…
a vote for random or constant dynamics!
:stuck_out_tongue:
also maybe forward and reverse if possible with constant or random possibilities.
oh…another one…like the Topiary…could it switch through the 6 samples?

2 Likes

my first noiz contribution to the CRYPT…
noiz-00.zip (526.0 KB)

here’s a clip of it in action:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CFRVmi-JVg7/

4 Likes

this sound amazing! thank you so much for sharing. i’ve added them to the repo and they are now live for everyone.

and i added your insta to the gallery: https://tyleretters.github.io/arcologies-docs/gallery

3 Likes

i know my love for music for airports is not unique, but my experience of the album perhaps is. i had just started college. taking the commuter rail in and out of the city from the burbs… frigid midwestern mornings in cornfields waiting for the train. a second or third gen ipod. chicago, misty and shimmering in the distance. it is a spiritual album for me. i just found this article the other day. so.

this is, of course, only a rough approximation. a palimpsest cover, powered by a windfarm, and overrun with kudzu. requires arcologies v1.1.9 and the newly uploaded airport crypt:

airports.arcology (84.7 KB)
airports.pset (1.2 KB)
airports.als.zip (59.4 KB)

5 Likes

Has anyone had success getting arcologies to load up these presets without a grid connected? I’m eagerly awaiting grids to become available again soon, but I’d love to hear some of these maps that others are creating while I wait…

hey! these should load ok without a grid connected. though i haven’t tested that. if it doesnt work it should be a small change on my end to make it work.

Is there a structure that influences the index of the crypts? I could also see it being useful if you could expose the index value as a mappable parameter to be able to adjust the sample on the fly as the crypt is getting hit by signals.
So many possibilities here. Thanks for sharing the passion project with the community @tyleretters

3 Likes

not yet! there is a new structure in the r&d lab that exposes controls like this via ports - north and south port change pitch, east port increments index, west port triggers…

you just gave me a really exciting idea for where i’m headed with arc support, however. :slight_smile: arc is going to be mappable to a lot of stuff.

thanks for the ideas and thanks for giving arcologies a shot!

4 Likes