DC: Modular Meetup @ Rhizome - Sept 29, 2019

“This event is open to everyone. From the novice to the advanced. Come to learn, share ideas and meet your peers. Get involved! Let’s grow a community!”

6 Likes

Thanks for sharing this @glia! I might try and make it out- I’m in Richmond but the trip isn’t that far and it would be worth it.

1 Like

It’s a great group of people, and the meetups have been fun and informative. We’re working on having more planned demos that cover synthesis techniques, diy, modules/gear, and related topics. Would love to have you join @Benjamin_Mauch.

1 Like

Sounds great. Will try my best to go to it!

1 Like

Rhizome is an awesome space. Cool to see them doing this.

1 Like

yeah i kinda want to perform there but the anxious side of my brain thinks of all the things that could go wrong

but i love that it exists and try to spread word about their events whenever possible
great venue

2 Likes

Ah, one of the great joys of live performance. Things can go wrong. And when things can go wrong, things can go right. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After regularly performing, I’ve noticed that stuff goes wrong all the time, but the performer rolls with it, and the audience rarely notices. You can always come to a meetup to demo a patch and do a 5-6 min mini-performance. Rhizome is always low-key.

2 Likes

Going to come down from Philadelphia, but can only stop by for about an hour (timing of transportation back home was working against us).

Do people typically bring their systems to such meetups?

2 Likes

People usually bring a system or some piece of gear, but it’s certainly not mandatory.

2 Likes

Cool to see more locals on here. Rhizome rules!

2 Likes